GM 20970876 Parking Brake Control Module Assembly Obsolescence

GM has discontinued supplying part # 20970876 which is the parking brake pedal assembly and associated cable.  I am looking for one for a 2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD.  Does anyone know of another part number that will work?  Many of the pedals are the same, but I am particularly looking for the cable that goes with it.  The dealer has replaced everything from that cable back and still can't get my brake to hold.  They say they need this cable, but it was only supplied with the assembly.  They can't get it because it is discontinued.

34 minutes ago, bsjunkin said:

GM has discontinued supplying part # 20970876 which is the parking brake pedal assembly and associated cable.  I am looking for one for a 2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD.  Does anyone know of another part number that will work?  Many of the pedals are the same, but I am particularly looking for the cable that goes with it.  The dealer has replaced everything from that cable back and still can't get my brake to hold.  They say they need this cable, but it was only supplied with the assembly.  They can't get it because it is discontinued.

Salvage yard.  Might have to try a u-pull-it yard to get the whole assembly with the cable as often regular yards will cut them.  

AC Delco (and the aftermarket) don't show a listing for the front most cable at all unfortunately, that I can see.  

20970876 is 2007-2009 with the handle to release design.  2010 was a one year only, 20970872 and its push to release but also discontinued.  Not 100% sure it would fit but its likely.  

Edited by newdude

18 hours ago, newdude said:

Thank you for the link, interesting!  I thought I read something similar back when car brands were going away but wasn't sure about the timeline.  Like when Pontiac quit production, they did have to supply parts through the warranty period for every new car sold, but that was all.  Thanks again.