Adding oem fog lights/switch to a 2019 Colorado

JeffOBS

Question

I am wanting to add the oem factory fog lights/switch to my mother's 2019 Colorado Crew Cab 2wd. I think it's an LT trim because it has the factory keyless entry but I'm not sure of it. I am thinking of buying the OEM GM Fog Light Kit #84465495 which I think includes the authorization code to program/flash the BCM. Does anyone know where the fog light positive wire is landed/terminated in the under hood fuse/relay panel? I'm going to install everything and then let the shop program the BCM. I've installed several oem fog light kits in other GM vehicles and haven't had any issues getting them to work because I found where the fog light positive goes. I haven't found any detailed information for a 2019 Colorado. I am wanting to use the fog light fuse & relay in the fuse panel which I know the BCM will have to be programmed for the fog lights to work. Thanks in advanced for any information.

2 answers to this question

8 hours ago, JeffOBS said:

I am wanting to add the oem factory fog lights/switch to my mother's 2019 Colorado Crew Cab 2wd. I think it's an LT trim because it has the factory keyless entry but I'm not sure of it. I am thinking of buying the OEM GM Fog Light Kit #84465495 which I think includes the authorization code to program/flash the BCM. Does anyone know where the fog light positive wire is landed/terminated in the under hood fuse/relay panel? I'm going to install everything and then let the shop program the BCM. I've installed several oem fog light kits in other GM vehicles and haven't had any issues getting them to work because I found where the fog light positive goes. I haven't found any detailed information for a 2019 Colorado. I am wanting to use the fog light fuse & relay in the fuse panel which I know the BCM will have to be programmed for the fog lights to work. Thanks in advanced for any information.

If the instructions aren't included in the box, the dealer can print them out for you.  It shows how the harness gets routed, where to install the pins in the fuse box, etc.  

I've run into an issue. I've talked to a couple of GM Parts Websites. Some have the oem GM fog lights but can't get the authorization code for a dealer to access the BCM to program it. So I'm bypassing the BCM and going old school. I've added LED's to a rocker switch I already had that kinda matches the interior backlighting color and will be installing a fuse/relay under the hood. I will drill a small hole in the firewall which I will insert a grommet in it before running the wire cable. I will wire the white (blue tint) LED to the interior lights circuit and the symbol LED will be wired in with the fog light relay. I will tie in the switch contact positive wire to a circuit that is HOT with the ignition key in the RUN position. If the fog lights are accidentally left ON, turning the ignition key switch to the OFF position will also turn OFF the fog lights to keep from draining the battery.

1000001317.jpg

Screenshot_20231225-073641_eBay.jpg