2012 Blend Door Actuator

I have a 2012 GMC Sierra 1500 SL Crew Cab with the 4.8 L engine.  I believe the blend door actuator is stuck on heat mode even when the temperature selector is turned all the way cold.  Anybody know where the blend door actuator is located?  YouTube videos don’t match.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2024 at 6:02 PM, DTNfrmTexas said:

I have a 2012 GMC Sierra 1500 SL Crew Cab with the 4.8 L engine.  I believe the blend door actuator is stuck on heat mode even when the temperature selector is turned all the way cold.  Anybody know where the blend door actuator is located?  YouTube videos don’t match.

image.thumb.png.192c01c5598009ee6f61702f7a05f79f.png

The driver's temperature actuator is in the passenger footwell, under that black cover near the transmission hump.  The passenger side actuator is basically above it, under the passenger side airbag.  So is the recirculate actuator.

Use the GM actuators.  I have tried to do a manual relearn after replacing mine but have always needed a Tech-2 or bi-directional scan tool to calibrate the new ones to work right.  Some folks are successful, never worked for me.

• Like 1