bypass parking restriction on radio

Just thought I would ask if anyone has come up with a programming or way to bypass the parking restriction on the radio for the refresh T1's. When the radio decides to mess up you must be in park and hold the end call button on the steering wheel for 10 seconds to shut down the radio and let it reboot and it's fixed as normal again until the next time it is messed up. Sometimes this is a pain because it requires you to pull over, put the truck in park and then reboot the radio to get back online again.

I get the safety part of not letting you screw around in the radio while you're driving down the road but it would be so nice if the reboot feature was not blocked out and you could hold the mute button on the wheel while driving to just reboot the damn thing haha. I was thinking of maybe tripping the passenger seat occupancy sensor to see if it would let you reboot the radio while driving as there is a feature to disable lockouts when a passenger is in the seat but i'm not sure what all features it enables you to do when you have that turned on.

1 hour ago, kickass audio said:

Just thought I would ask if anyone has come up with a programming or way to bypass the parking restriction on the radio for the refresh T1's. When the radio decides to mess up you must be in park and hold the end call button on the steering wheel for 10 seconds to shut down the radio and let it reboot and it's fixed as normal again until the next time it is messed up. Sometimes this is a pain because it requires you to pull over, put the truck in park and then reboot the radio to get back online again.

I get the safety part of not letting you screw around in the radio while you're driving down the road but it would be so nice if the reboot feature was not blocked out and you could hold the mute button on the wheel while driving to just reboot the damn thing haha. I was thinking of maybe tripping the passenger seat occupancy sensor to see if it would let you reboot the radio while driving as there is a feature to disable lockouts when a passenger is in the seat but i'm not sure what all features it enables you to do when you have that turned on.

I don't want to sound stupid but. Why not get the radio fixed? I just have the sh*tty IOS radio but it has not malfunctioned so far.

2 hours ago, Bikerjon said:

I don't want to sound stupid but. Why not get the radio fixed? I just have the sh*tty IOS radio but it has not malfunctioned so far.

It's not really broken, what happens is it updates the android web view app and when that happens it knocks the apps out and back in again until you either let the radio sit dead for awhile or reboot it to make it work instantly. Everyone swears the radio is broken when it happens but being I work in IT i've spent some time with the developer mode on the radio and digging into the apps and when the webview app is updated it plays games with the radio.

• Like 1