Dash panel removal

Anyone know how to get this panel removed? I removed the fuse panel and the left side of the console. I know that there is a screw on the left side of the panel that I removed but was afraid to pull on the panel. The upper right side appears to be behind another panel. I'm looking for a spot to mount a 12v socket.

The the harness on the drivers side looks like a good spot to run a cable through but I'm unable to see where it is on the interior side. Maybe I need a 1 million candlepower light to see it. Maybe it is more visible with the panel removed.

Right side panel pic.jpg

Dash feedthru.jpg

No kit available for my truck yet. I'm trying to get the panel off to look for a place to mount a 12v lighter socket. I want to connect the wiring to the Aux battery so that it's on all of the time and more current capacity than the drivers side fuse panel.

I added a cig plug and extra USB to my truck. I posted pics of it on here. The panels come off starting on the right side of the dash in a sequence. 

On the 20-23s the radio bezel had to come out. If it's worth $22 or so to you go to AC Delco TDS and buy the 3 day subscription to the factory service manual. PDF print everything you ever think you'll be doing, torque specs and all while you're in there. PITA but worth it.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2024 at 4:46 PM, rjgvt said:

Anyone know how to get this panel removed? I removed the fuse panel and the left side of the console. I know that there is a screw on the left side of the panel that I removed but was afraid to pull on the panel. The upper right side appears to be behind another panel. I'm looking for a spot to mount a 12v socket.

The the harness on the drivers side looks like a good spot to run a cable through but I'm unable to see where it is on the interior side. Maybe I need a 1 million candlepower light to see it. Maybe it is more visible with the panel removed.

2024+ DENALI AND AT4 REMOVAL.pdf

• Like 2

On 3/20/2024 at 4:46 PM, rjgvt said:

2024+ AT4 AND DENALI INSTALL.pdf

• Like 1

@newdude

Thank you very much, it's exactly what I needed. Will give me something to do after the next round of winter and we get back from back from some place warm after the first week of April. I'll order the the lighter socket then and hopefully only have to take it apart once.

Posted (edited)

Stopped at the dealer parts department this afternoon and ordered a 12v receptacle and cover plate. Should be there by Tuesday or so depending on storm delays. Plenty of time to pick it up before we leave for vacation. Hoping there is a suitable place for it when I get the panels apart. If not, I might have to use a different mount like Kerry Pulaski did in the console. Will update when I get to that point. 

Thanks to everyone here who post there mods, etc and helps others.

Edited by rjgvt

On 3/21/2024 at 8:44 AM, rjgvt said:

@64BAwagon

I saw your post, my truck has the full console.

@Kerry Pulaski added some 12v sockets in his console. He didn't show his dash but I think it's similar to mine. Maybe he'll respond.

I am out of space to add any pix.....guess I am put on a leash.

I added a dual cigar lighter outlet inside my center arm rest. and another on the rear out side of it facing the rear seats.

KP.

On 3/21/2024 at 8:44 AM, rjgvt said:

@64BAwagon

I saw your post, my truck has the full console.

@Kerry Pulaski added some 12v sockets in his console. He didn't show his dash but I think it's similar to mine. Maybe he'll respond.

Kerry here. I cannot post any more pix, as I seem out of file size to post any more. I put my dual cigar outlet inside the center arm rest. And another out side the rear center console facing rear seat by the floor. Ran power to the passenger side fuse panel to a 15 amp fuse tap, that always powered.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2024 at 8:05 AM, rjgvt said:

No kit available for my truck yet. I'm trying to get the panel off to look for a place to mount a 12v lighter socket. I want to connect the wiring to the Aux battery so that it's on all of the time and more current capacity than the drivers side fuse panel.

See my replies also further on. I  put outlets inside my center arm rest, ran power to passenger side fuse block, with a 15 amp fuse tap.

Also The GM Upfitter Kit said not available for Denali and AT-4 until '25. I'd look at the aftermarket Aux-Panel.

Don's Life GM You Tubes did a nice video on it. Easier to install than the OEM kit by far.

• Like 1