2016 silversdo just shut off????

Driving this morning and power just instantly went out. Ac was running and that's what made me notice it when it shut off and I looked at my gauges and nothing was on. The truck was coasting so I was able to turn and pull it into a parking spot. Steering wheel didn't even lock up. I had finish getting fuel 10 minutes prior. Truck started back up and pump is on. Anyone ever have this problem? No warnings or engines lights on or pending. 

Edited by Rickyace09

1 hour ago, Rickyace09 said:

Driving this morning and power just instantly went out. Ac was running and that's what made me notice it when it shut off and I looked at my gauges and nothing was on. The truck was coasting so I was able to turn and pull it into a parking spot. Steering wheel didn't even lock up. I had finish getting fuel 10 minutes prior. Truck started back up and pump is on. Anyone ever have this problem? No warnings or engines lights on or pending. 

There was a problem with the 15-16 models. Some were not solved the two years my son had his Tahoe. It was his wife’s vehicle. Sometimes the gauges would go berserk first. They took it to the dealership several times. There was a few others there with the same problem. After it shut off at highway speeds they traded it in for another one. They tried for 2 years the highway shut off was the last straw. I was surprised they brought another one. It turned out to be fine.

29 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

There was a problem with the 15-16 models. Some were not solved the two years my son had his Tahoe. It was his wife’s vehicle. Sometimes the gauges would go berserk first. They took it to the dealership several times. There was a few others there with the same problem. After it shut off at highway speeds they traded it in for another one. They tried for 2 years the highway shut off was the last straw. I was surprised they brought another one. It turned out to be fine.

I've had this truck since practically new and never happened. Should not happen to any vehicle.  I was told to check the grounds on the body and front drivers dash speaker. So far I just cleaned the chassis one and it was covered in junk. No contact to the body. 

43 minutes ago, Rickyace09 said:

I've had this truck since practically new and never happened. Should not happen to any vehicle.  I was told to check the grounds on the body and front drivers dash speaker. So far I just cleaned the chassis one and it was covered in junk. No contact to the body. 

Hope you find it. By now there should be a fix.

13 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

Hope you find it. By now there should be a fix.

I hope so but this might be the last straw. Great truck but always fixing quality control issues. I’m usually on the highway with y family on baseball tournament trips. Thx god they were home when it happened and I wasn’t on a major highway I actually just got off it. I checked the dash ground and it looked like it was already done by the dealer. No insulation near the ground. 

IMG_3213.jpeg

IMG_3214.jpeg

• Like 1

As mentioned above...Check GROUNDS

do the simple things first

• Like 1