I JUST BOUGHT A 1999 Z71 .I HAVEN'T QUITE DECIDED YET IF I'M GOING TO GO WITH 15X10" OR 16X10". I KNOW IF I GO WITH 15X10"I WILL HAVE TO GRIND THE BRAKE CALIPERS ISN'T THAT RIGHT?. BUT I WAS WONDERING HOW BIG OF TIRES COULD I GO WITHOUT RUBBING. I DON'T WANT TO DO ANY CUTTING OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT. I'M GOING TO RAISE THE TORSION BARS SOME OR REALLY AM WANTING TO GET ONE OF THOSE- NOT SURE WHAT THEIR CALLED BUT THEY MOUNT ON YOUR TORSION BAR. LEVELING LEVER OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT I THINK THEY'RE CALLED. I WAS WONDERING IF I COULD GO WITH 16X10" WITH A 285/75/16 OR IF I COULD ONLY GO WITH A 265, OR IF I DID GO WITH A 15X10" COULD I GO WITH 32/11.50/15. I DO NOT WANT MY TRUCK SITTING NO HIGHER IN THE FRONT END THAN LEVEL. IF ANYONE KNOWS THIS AND COULD HELP ME I WOULD APPRECIATE THIS FOR SOME ADVISE. THANK YOU IF IT MIGHT HELP ANY THE BACK SPACING ON THE WHEELS I'M GOING TO GET IS 3 3/4 BACKSPACING WETHER I GET A 15X10" OR 16X10" WHEEL THANKS.

I know 285's will fit on a 16x8 rim but I think they'll rub with a 16x10. Be careful when cranking your torsion bars that you don't overdo it on your cv joints. Check out the offroad forum on Fullsizechevy.com. There is a good post about tire size and lift combinatiuons on both OBS and NBS chevys.

I would not mess with 15" rims on NBS trucks. Just go with the 16", you can still get similar tire sizes. My Brother in law has 16x10 MT Classic II's with 305/70R16's, they rubbed even with a 3" bodylift. He had to trim off some of the front air dam and a little on the rear inner front fender area. If you want a 10" wide rim you'll need a lift or you'll be trimming alot. I wouldn't run 265's on a 10" rim, manufacturer's will agree. 285's at least with 10" rims. If you don't want to lift the truck or trim, I'd go with a 8" wide rim with 285's, 305's may still be pushing it depending on backspacing of the rim. From what I've seen, 10" rims aren't the way to go unless you lift or trim. Chris

• 2 weeks later...

I had 285's w/ 8" rim and no rubbing at all. I have 305's now w/ ford keys and they rub slightly at full crank in reverse. I ahven't had them rub yet going forward. I have a 3" body lift WAITING to be installed. I just need to find the time!!!!

Archived