Exhaust Work

Hey everyone I'm in need of an opinion. My catalytic converter has gone south on me. Mieneke Mufflers down the road told me they could do the whole job in about $250. That sounded pretty reaasonable to me, but I figured I'd make a few phone calls and see what I could do. The local guys down the street told me for right at $300 they'd replace the cat with a high flow one, AND swap out my muffler with a Flowmaster or something.

Has anyone ever heard the Flowmaster in stock setup? I have a 1994 Silverado 4.3, and they would leave it single exit, they'd just replace the muffler with a Flow. Sounds like it could be pretty cool for only $50 more. Any opinions???

Hey everyone I'm in need of an opinion.  My catalytic converter has gone south on me.  Mieneke Mufflers down the road told me they could do the whole job in about $250.  That sounded pretty reaasonable to me, but I figured I'd make a few phone calls and see what I could do.  The local guys down the street told me for right at $300 they'd replace the cat with a high flow one, AND swap out my muffler with a Flowmaster or something.

Has anyone ever heard the Flowmaster in stock setup?  I have a 1994 Silverado 4.3, and they would leave it single exit, they'd just replace the muffler with a Flow.  Sounds like it could be pretty cool for only $50 more.  Any opinions???

I'd go ahead and replace the muffler too. Might as well...Good price for all that.

I've heard the Flowmaster 40 and 50 on a 4.3L, and I liked the 50 series better... it didn't seem to drone as much as the 40 series. Both were on trucks that had dual outlets on the muffler. I'd imagine either type would sound good on the single in single out, as long as you went with factory sized pipe or bigger.

A mild dynomax turbo muffler might be good too, they have a lot quieter/more mellow tone than the flowmaster.

Archived