Who's subscribed to Satelite Radio?

Which are you subscribed to?  

666 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I just purchased a Roady 2 and subscribed to XM last Friday. GM has been feeding me vehicles to test with XM in them for years, but i finally decided i needed it for myself.

Who else has a satelite radio service? Car, home, doesn't matter :):seeya:

I love my XM,But I'm going to have to switch to SIRIUS because of the deal they just signed with NASCAR,starting in '07 they got the broadcast rights. :seeya:

Don't move quite yet...

-Even though Sirius has signed a few big names, in order to afford all of them by the time the contracts come up, Sirius has to gain a ton of customers. Right now, Sirius has approx 1/6th the subscriber base that XM does (~250,000 vs ~3,000,000).

Sirius may not be around by 07, or can't afford NASCAR when the time comes...

I love my XM,But I'm going to have to switch to SIRIUS because of the deal they just signed with NASCAR,starting in '07 they got the broadcast rights. :seeya:

Don't move quite yet...

-Even though Sirius has signed a few big names, in order to afford all of them by the time the contracts come up, Sirius has to gain a ton of customers. Right now, Sirius has approx 1/6th the subscriber base that XM does (~250,000 vs ~3,000,000).

Sirius may not be around by 07, or can't afford NASCAR when the time comes...

Um...actually Sirius has over 1.1M subscribers and will have 2.5M by the end of 2005 according to Standard and Poors. By end 2006 they will have 5.5M.

XM will be profitable by 2007 - again according to S+P. Incidently, the third XM bird goes up at 10ish this evening from a sea launch.

Barring UFOs taking out the satellites, they will both be around for many many years. Terrestrial radio is dying due to Ipods and XM/Sirius

I have Sirius in my 04 Tahoe and in my house.

The Tahoe came with factory XM - but after having Sirius in my previous vehicle, I had to switch the Tahoe back to Sirius as soon as possible. On XM I couldn't find any music that I knew - yet on Sirius, I can always find something I like. In addition to the better music, the talent (do they still call them DJs??) is completely different.... the XM talent just put me to sleep where Sirius keeps me entertained daily.

I've had XM for a little over 2 years now and I cant imagine not having some kind of satelite radio, that said i have a couple of friends with sirius and I think that they have a better music selection, however XM 150 is great.

I have Sirius in my 04 Tahoe and in my house. 

The Tahoe came with factory XM - but after having Sirius in my previous vehicle, I had to switch the Tahoe back to Sirius as soon as possible.  On XM I couldn't find any music that I knew - yet on Sirius, I can always find something I like.  In addition to the better music, the talent (do they still call them DJs??) is completely different....    the XM talent just put me to sleep where Sirius keeps me entertained daily.

I'm with you! I voted for Sirius even though I actually have XM. I had Sirius in my 03 and thought it was substantially better than XM. XM plays TOO MUCH VARIETY. I know that sounds odd, especially to FM listeners who are undoubtedly upset at the LACK OF VARIETY. But on XM it's just too much...I can't find a channel I can listen to for a long stretch..."Lucy" comes the closest.

I will say that Cinemagic is awesome, when they're playing "high end" scores at least.

I'll stick with XM though... I'm not going to try and screw with another sat radio install...especially connecting to a TNR.

XM plays TOO MUCH VARIETY

I really like 80s and 90s music.

Sirius Big 80s and The Pulse play stuff I like and it sounds like people are actually picking the music and playing it in an order that makes sense.

On XM - The 80s and The 90s almost sound like a computer randomly picks songs from the chosen decade and plays it - no matter how obscure.

XM plays TOO MUCH VARIETY

I really like 80s and 90s music.

Sirius Big 80s and The Pulse play stuff I like and it sounds like people are actually picking the music and playing it in an order that makes sense.

On XM - The 80s and The 90s almost sound like a computer randomly picks songs from the chosen decade and plays it - no matter how obscure.

EXACTLY...it's like I hit shuffle on my "80s" mp3 folder. Randomly choosing songs from any given album. This works much better when you have a "next track" hotkey on the keyboard though.

I have the factory XM and love it.

I add to buy the factory add on kit because I didn't order it with the truck.

My SS didn't come with it either and I've been looking into buying the Factory add on kit too. Did you install it yourself, or have a dealer do it? If you did it was it fairly straight forward install?

Archived