Difference between trucks

I have a 2003 CC shortbox, I want to know the difference in size between a 1996 and 2003 box. I would assume they are different, but does anyone know how much? (Length, width, height to top of cab, taper from back of cab to tailgate, ect). I could dry fit the unit, but it's under a foot of snow in his back yard.

Reason for this is I need to use a truck top (cap) and I know someone who has one from his 96 shortbox, which I could use, but if it won't fit, and leak, I don't want to use it. I will be driving about 800 miles one way on a trip and would like to keep the tools safe and weather free. And with the tools and gear I cant fit them under my tonneau cover.

Thanks for the help!

BJ

I am using one on my 2003 CC HD. When I bought it they said it came off a 2000 Shortbox chevy. Well that chevy happened to be the OBS HD. They are about 1/2 shorter and the rear part of the cap does not taper in the back like the box sides do on the NBS. But it still works great for what I need it to do. Mine is aluminum.

Thanks SXMAX, this is what I wanted to know. The one I can use is fiberglass. I am more worried about the elements pouring into the back of the box. Does yours seal O.K. With the back not tapering as much as the NBS, does the rear door seal?

Thanks again,

BJ

Seals just fine. I maybe get a couple drops of water in when I wash it with high pressure directly at the corners of the door, but along the sides & front it seals great. The base of my topper is wide enough that it still fits even with the taper of the rear of the bed. It just doesn't follow the body lines but gets the job done. Just get a roll of topper weatherstripping for the bottom of the topper for an even better seal. :cheers:

Archived