Window motor

I've never had the door panels off on my old 89 GMC, but I did have them off on my 01 Chevy to replace the door handles. They certainly didn't do any rounding off of sharp edges on the door on it, so my hands were pretty cut up afterwards. I doubt the older trucks are much different....

Well, I've had the door panels off once before. There is something like 14 plastic clips holding it on...And half of them break while taking them off if you don't have the proper tool. Total PITA.

But I never looked at the window motor, so I don't know how hard it's going to be.

On the other hand...It started working again today, so at least I'm not in a big hurry anymore. :cheers:

Well, I've had the door panels off once before. There is something like 14 plastic clips holding it on...And half of them break while taking them off if you don't have the proper tool.  Total PITA.

But I never looked at the window motor, so I don't know how hard it's going to be.

On the other hand...It started working again today, so at least I'm not in a big hurry anymore. :devil:

You may just have a wire going bad in the harness from the body to the door. Might wanna pull that boot back if it stops workin again and check it out.

IF you do have to change the motor, you will have to pull the whole regulator assy..It's not that bad to do, just time consuming :jester::cheers:

Archived