gas mileage

what kind of gas mileage (city/highway) are you guys getting that have a 5.3l with 4:10s. i know a few of you guys have the new 2005's. looking for stock numbers.

anybody can jump on this one really. tire size and if you have a tune. :banghead:

[/quAround Town is 13 to 14,if I run 65 to 68 I can do 18.2 to 18.5.70 to 72 is around 17.

what kind of gas mileage (city/highway) are you guys getting that have a 5.3l with 4:10s. i know a few of you guys have the new 2005's. looking for stock numbers.

anybody can jump on this one really. tire size and if you have a tune.  :confused:

bone stock 02 silverado e/c s/b, 5.3l 4.10's 14.4city 19.7hiway

I have a 2003 gmc 2500 4x4 (not HD) with the 4.10 rear and the 6.0.....I normally get around 13-14mpg in mixed driving....on the highway as long as your not going over 75 I think the 4.10 gears are better (staying in the meat of the powerband).....between me and my family we have no less than 7 gmc trucks all 2002 and newer....most of them would give up a couple of mpg to get the 4.10's.....the main reason being to cut down on frequent down shifting while towing (it's pretty hilly in north Alabama)....if you drive 65-70 the difference is usually only 1-3mpg if that.....at least in our experience.

anybody can jump on this one really. tire size and if you have a tune.  :confused:

bone stock 02 silverado e/c s/b, 5.3l 4.10's 14.4city 19.7hiway

In another thread here there is one who claims a 4.8 with 4.10 will lose 2mpg at least over a 3.73 while as shown here the 4.10 with OD plays quite well in city and hiway driving, That nearly 20mpg is sweet and drive it till is drops because you have a good one. I wish they would offer the 5.3 as a base engine in the 2500 series with a 6.0 option.

Archived