Brake controller wiring question 05 Envoy

jaba

Question

I have a 05 Envoy and I am installing a Tekonsha Prodigy brake controller. The sticker on the wiring harness from Tekonsha says:

Oem to Tekonsha

red to black 12vdc

light blue to red stoplight

black to white ground

dark blue to blue trailer brake

Does anyone know if this is correct?

Also I found the wires up under the dash for these to attach to. I also found a plug attached up close to the firewall, is this for the brakes or are the wires already attached somewhere else?

thanks in advance,

tim

0 answers to this question

Installation of an Aftermarket Trailer Brake Module - keywords connector lamp light mount pedal #PIT3204A - (Jun 15, 2005)

2004-2005 Buick Rainier

2002-2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer and Trailblazer EXT

2002-2005 GMC Envoy, Envoy XL and Envoy XUV

2005 Saab 9-7x

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:

To aid in the installation of a trailer brake module, 2002-2005 mid-sized utilities are equipped with a blunt cut jumper harness.

Recommendation/Instructions:

The trailer brake jumper harness is located inside the vehicle, drivers side, above the floor close out panel. Lower the close out panel and follow SP205 toward the drivers pass through door harness. Attached to this body harness, there will be a label and 4 blunt cut wires. Reference eSI Document ID # 1455093 for a schematic. The identification label reads... (DK BLU = AUX) (ORN = BATT) (BLK = GND) (LT BLU = CHMSL).

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.

WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION

© Copyright General Motors Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

Archived