New Intro

Just wanted to introduce myself.  I've been checking out the other truck forums (Pacific Audio, LS1.com, Pickuptruck.com, etc) for a while now.

I have a '67 Chevy Stepside and a '00 Sierra Z71 5.3 (see sig)

Later!

Quote: from DigUout on 12:53 pm on June 26, 2001

Hey gmcjoe!  Did your bud ever go for that funky Snugtop?  Good to see you here!

Yes he is. His father in law is still driving his truck (GM PEP car). It is a 2001 Silverado 4x4 Ext cab.  He ordered the leather bench split seat, something I haven't seen before. Looks pretty nice!

He is going to have the dealership install the cap and roll the price into his monthly payment.

Welcome Joe,

You got 2 trucks that'll work great in the forums here!!!  Enjoy yourself, and feel free to ask and answer all kinds of questions.

BTW, I have the 40/20/40 leather split bench and I think it is great!!!

Shane

Thanks guys, I'm seeing some familar handles as well.

It's hard to keep up with these forums this time of year, not spending too much time in font of the computer...

I'm planning to finally paint the tahoe door handles I bought in late April, I'll post the pics...

Joe-  welcome aboard!  Nice to see another fan of the 67-72 range pickups.  We've got 3 in the family now, and I'm hoping to finish my 70 longbed in a couple of years when I get finished with school.

Newbie- Shaving the door handles i when you remove the orginal door hanldes and weld up the hole where they were.  Then you can either use a door "popper" with a key fob or have a little button hidden under the truck to "pop" open the doors.

Quote: from NewbieZ71 on 12:04 am on June 29, 2001

Welcome gmcJoe.......your truck pictures mention "shaving the door handles"  What does that mean????

I shaved the emblems, not the door handles.  I recenlty purchased the tahoe/yukon smooth door handles and hope to have them painted within  a week or so.

Thanks!

Archived