Cant find silverstar 9145 bulbs anywhere...

camshaft

I am trying to replace my fogs in my 05 Crew cab Sierra and have yet to see the silverstar 9145 bulbs anywhere. I know they are in the stores state-side, but I have had no luck finding them anywhere north of the border. Or the 3157 amber silverstars now that I think of it

If anyone happens to see these bulbs in any major store...ie walmart, cdn tire ect. can u let me know

thx

Autozone is the only place I found them. Don`t know if there is one up there, though. parts has the 3157 for $19.95 plus s+h 1-888-484-9560. Did not find the 9145st. You may have to call. This is the only thing that came up on www.bizrate.com , a discount search engine.

Hey are the 3157 silverstars the ones that are clear/white, but when signaling they flash amber ??

Ive seen these bloody things, but no clue who made em and have been on the search for em

Also camshaft, your in calgary.. have you tryed toys for boys ? they might not have the silverstars, but they carry plasma glow bulbs, they have everything fog's highs and lows,not to include all the other misc bulbs.... 10 year warrenty on em and they are bout 45 for a set.. i was runnin them for a bit, but the faddedness of my headlights they didnt look as good as they do in my buddys 02 NOMA :flag:

ya the 3157 amber silverstars are the ones that look blue, but light up amber when on.

I havent checked toys for boys but I will look them up. It is so sad that we are so far behind the times for getting anything shipped to the major stores compared to stateside

thx for the suggestion

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi,

I was also on the hunt to replace my stock fog lights. I went ahead and put PIAA in the Hi and Low Beams, but the stock fog lights kinda were lacking. They sold me an 883 [i think] PIAA bulb, well it didn't fit. In my 07 GMC Sierra Classic, the fog bulb can be replaced with a HIGH BEAM bulb. It is very bright.

As well if inclined you can get all three lights to come on when you are in high beam. It was confusing at first but you need some electrical/electronic confidence, soldering kit, short lead wire, and a couple of diodes.

The 85 pin on the relay is where your interest lies. A diode ends up running the anode to pin 85 on the LOW beam, and cathode to the pin 85 on the HIGH beam. This is because the relays are not given +12 V to actuate, they have the +12V sunk to common to actuate the relay. This can help for adding light to your nighttime driving. There is a picture on the web somewhere but the way I described it should get you sorted. The same is true for the slightly different fog relay. Pin 85 that is.

Later

H

Archived