"reduced engine power" light...no codes...

VolkmannRailroad

Question

We have a 2003 Silverado 2500HD with a 6.0 litre in it and about 170,000 miles on it.

It will intermittently go into "reduced engine power" mode. If the truck is shut off for 10 minutes or so and re-started it will be fine again 'til the next time it happens :chevy:

There aren't any diagnostic codes stored in the computer and of course the problem never occurs when it's at the shop.. :seeya:

Any ideas which part to throw at it first??

Thanks,

Doug

0 answers to this question

If I had to guess, and apparently I do, I'd guess an APP sensor would be most likely. This is part of the gas pedal assembly.

I have a hard time believing there are no codes anywhere. A fault occured and the IP wouldn't turn on the reduced power msg unless a fault was recorded. You need to look again and if you're not using a Tech 2, that could be the reason you're not finding a code.

I had talked to the service manager of the shop the truck was being worked on and he told me that ther weren't any codes.

Now I just looked at the paperwork from them and at the top it says

"Fig. 235: DTC P2135: TP Sensor Signals 1 & 2 Disagree or Outside Predetermined Range

sorry for the confusion.....

Doug

If I had to guess, and apparently I do, I'd guess an APP sensor would be most likely.  This is part of the gas pedal assembly.

I have a hard time believing there are no codes anywhere.  A fault occured and the IP wouldn't turn on the reduced power msg unless a fault was recorded.  You need to look again and if you're not using a Tech 2, that could be the reason you're not finding a code.

I had the same thing happen and it turned out to be the APP sensor as stated above. http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_...138054#continue Happy reading.

Rene'

P.S. this part cost me $99 at the dealership.

Archived