Coldest temp ever raced for NASCAR?

I was at Bristol this weekend and man was it cold. The Busch race was something with all the snow. I was wondering does anyone know the coldest temp that a NASCAR event ran in? This one had to be close.

Th delayed Sept race at Loudon in 2001 was held on the day after Thanksgiving. When we go tthere at 7:30 in the morn there was 1/4" of ice on all the grandstands. They are aluminum and it was a hoot watching everyone slip and slide on the way to they're seats. I think the temp at the start of the race was 40 deg. There was tire trouble all day due to the cold temps and the tire being to hard. Not sure what it warmed up to during the race but if you were in the shade if was nipply.

I was at Bristol Sunday also and yea it was cold allright,If that sun would have came out it wouldn't have been so bad,It poked its way out for a few seconds but that was it!

Me and my buddy left his house in North Carolina and went up through the mountains and we ran into 2-3 inches of snow on the cars & houses up there.

I'm just glad I took all the warm clothes I did,I'm not a cold weather person!! :cheers:

I remember being at Atlanta about 10 years ago for the fall race in November and I don't think it made it much past 40 all day,Plus there was a constant breeze blowing all day which made it even colder.

Yeah it was cold, we had a good snow ball fight in the stands! It's been cold at many Bristol races, but never like this.

Sad thing is I slipped on ice before leaving Monday morning and dislocated my knee.... at least it didn't happen when I got there Wednesday.

BJ

Archived