Pinion yoke Problems! HELP!

antp_31

Question

I have a 98 2wd c3500 6.5 turbo diesel, 4l80 trans crew cab. dbl rear tire.

Hear my story, I have had to replace my career bearing. I started to take out the 4 unversial bolts, one broke, I tapped the one that broke and the tap broke in the the yoke so I had to get another from a junky. the Yoke(the original) i pulled out, had a sleeve around the shaft. Witch I did not really take to much notice to untill I got the new yoke. When I got the new seal for the rear ( gm 14 bolt 10.5 ring gear) gm Seal Part number 26064030 or from the autopart store is 710508.

The seal is a good 1/16 to 1/8 to big for the hub of the yoke but every part store and supply house says that is it. I just put the seal in the truck tonight to see if the seal got tighter when I sank it in, but as we know that does not happen at all.

So back to the issue is that the orginal yoke had a repair sleeve on it that worked with the original seal, and my new does not. No one makes a repair sleeve for my new yoke either.

So Please if someone knows something about this let me know right away, I dont know what to do anymore and I need my diesel back yesterday.

Thank you

[email protected]

0 answers to this question

Archived