Trucks!

Shocker

I didn't know they had new hosts. Summer is all but here, so I cut the dish service back to the basic family plan so the kids would not be parked in front of the TV all summer long. Next, the chargers for the gameboys are soon to disappear!

They need to be outside playing anyway, not wasting summer away in front of electronics. (I know, I'm a hard ass!)

On the other hand, I do miss that channel. I did really like trucks. Stacy was OK as long as he kept his redneck side in check. Unlike most other shows that tell people they can do anything, Stacy make sure people knew when things were not for amateurs and he did stess safety many times. Sad to see a good show gone bad.

I have tried to watch it. Considering I sent in a App. and then a demo tape. I figured I needed to give the guys that were "better" than me a chance. I am disappointed. Oh well what can ya do. think how bad I must have been :driving:

The new guys are morons, why they replaced him I don't know. They spend more time hoppin' up on 'roids and developing pointless catch phrases then showing actual truck work. The show is becoming to eerily similar to horsepower TV.

Rumor is on Stacey's website, that he's working on a new show coming out. After reading through his version of what happened, he never says he was fired, or any details, but, he sure doesn't say that he enjoyed the split.

Stacey built some nice stuff, and unlike most of the other car shows out there, he actually understood what the parts going on his cars actually did.

I loved it whenever he pulled a junker in his shop, and just trashed whoever owned it before on what all they did wrong on either wiring, crappy welding, bondo, etc.

I enjoyed the show cause he took time to do things right the first time, and didn't take any "shortcuts". That's also why I enjoy the show "Holmes on Homes". Not sure what channel it comes on, but, I've caught it a time or two, and it's a carpenter that comes in and fixes repairs that other contractors have come in and done, and just runs em through the coals on how poor of a job they did, then explains how he does it the right way. The need more shows like that instead of just 30 minute info-mercials for products that do nothing except transfer money from your wallet into theirs.

Is anybody else a little dissapointed with the new hosts of Trucks? I try to watch those shows almost every Saturday or Sunday and I have to say, I like Stacey a helluva lot better.

I couldn't agree more,I'm totally disappointed with the new hosts :driving:

Yeah Stacey was awesome. I can't stand numb nutz and roid rage. Stacey better move it on his new show before we get withdrawls.  :driving:

I could not aggree more.

Can anyone post a link as to what did happen to Stacey?

These shows are all getting to be the same. The producers just want some jack-arses and when a guy like Stacey gets a little age on him, they run them off.

Yea, I miss Stacey too. I've only seen the new guys once and didn't really have any intrest in seeing it anymore.

I'd give a testical for that Project Copperhead...that thing was inreadible.

Guest chevydeerhunter
I'd give a testical for that Project Copperhead...that thing was inreadible.

You and me both, buddy! A short-wide '67 Chevy pickup with a ZZ572! The only thing that Chevy needed was a nice matching LONGHORN on the tailgate! :driving: I don't know if I could drive it because my stiffie would be hitting the steering wheel!

BTW here's Stacey's site.

Archived