Steering wheel CLUNK!!

I need help!! mY 2005 CHEVROLET 1500 z71 crew cab is the love of my life! However, I am having a minor problem, thats driving me nuts! The steering wheel seems to be bumpy, or jumping when I drive. I brought it to the dealer three times, and they cant figure it out! What else can I do? I am so confused. I would appreciate any advice...Chris

If its mainly obvious when you are going around a turn and the road is uneven, then its the intermediate steering shaft. I'm on my 3rd one and trying to find time to take it in again. My dads 5 month old Tahoo is doing it too. I think they let an intern design it.

Like Norseman said. You will find all the info, including a fix if yo usearch. I believe the guys did a group buy on an aftermarket steering shaft a while back. Sounds like another one might be a good idea.

I need help!! mY 2005 CHEVROLET 1500 z71 crew cab is the love of my life! However, I am having a minor problem, thats driving me nuts! The steering wheel seems to be bumpy, or jumping when I drive. I brought it to the dealer three times, and they cant figure it out! What else can I do? I am so confused. I would appreciate any advice...Chris

Your dealer must be living under a rock if indeed the problem is the Intermediate Steering Shaft. This problem has affected nearly every GM light truck made in the last 5 or 6 years.

If its mainly obvious when you are going around a turn and the road is uneven, then its the intermediate steering shaft.  I'm on my 3rd one and trying to find time to take it in again.  My dads 5 month old Tahoo is doing it too.  I think they let an intern design it.

Monica Lewinsky designs steering shafts? Well I'll be...

Ken

If its mainly obvious when you are going around a turn and the road is uneven, then its the intermediate steering shaft.  I'm on my 3rd one and trying to find time to take it in again.  My dads 5 month old Tahoo is doing it too.  I think they let an intern design it.

Monica Lewinsky designs steering shafts? Well I'll be...

Ken

that was a different kind of shaft and she didn't design that one either, she did...umm...maintanence on it.

Your dealer must be living under a rock if indeed the problem is the Intermediate Steering Shaft. This problem has affected nearly every GM light truck made in the last 5 or 6 years.

I have to agree here there is no excuse for a dealer not to know what this problem is no matter how much volume they do.Im willing to bet that every chevy dealer in this country has replaced multiple int. shafts.Which is why they now only throw lube in it to mask the problem for a couple months, like i told my dealers service mang. im never and i repeat never going to spend a knickle on fixing this problem unless i buy the one borg makes!It's bad enough i have to take time out of my life to go and have them maintance it i will not spend money out of my pocket on it ever!

I have to agree here there is no excuse for a dealer not to know what this problem is no matter how much volume they do.Im willing to bet that every chevy dealer in this country has replaced multiple int. shafts.Which is why they now only throw lube in it to mask the problem for a couple months, like i told my dealers service mang. im never and i repeat never going to spend a knickle on fixing this problem unless i buy the one borg makes!It's bad enough i have to take time out of my life to go and have them maintance it i will not spend money out of my pocket on it ever!

You can tell them that all you want, they are not required by law to honor the warranty and they can simply tell you to go pound dirt like they have a few people I have heard call into a consumer advocate show.

Archived