Fog lights install?

Savage420

Hey guys i bought these fog lights last weekend and i want to replace my stockers with them. They came with wiring and a switch and fuse and what not :flag: ...Im wondering if i can just use these fog lights hooked up to the factory wiring that run to the stock button on my dash. I dont want to use the wiring and all that they gave me cause it would seem easyer to do it the way im thinking about + not having that dumb switch under my dash or wherever.

My geuss is ill have to cut the plugs on both ends of the wiring and the fog lights and splice them together with some weather proof connectors or is there a better way or will something go wrong.

Thanx for any help :cheers:

foglights001.jpg

foglights002.jpg

If you still have your old fogs.........I would cut the plugs off of them and put the plugs onto your new fogs.........this way you won't have to cut into your factory harness.

Worse case........cut the plugs off the harness and splice onto your fogs.

:cool:

Thanx ron ...thats sorta what i was thinking of doing but i dont think i can use the factory plugs cause the aftermarket fog lights just have wires with metal (male) conectors on them. So i was just going to take the wiring that came with the lights and cut about a foot off of them and they have the (female) conectors on them so im thinking of conecting those and then get some other conectors to conect the stock wiring up :flag: . I wonder if that is too many conections .

thanx :cool:

Archived