Not enough Avs here...

MountaineerTom

I decided there weren't enough Avalanches in this forum, so here's ours; had it for two weeks.  Wife was the coolest--talked the dealer down several hundred more than I thought they would go, and they bit!

avalanche_on_driveway_small.jpg

Whoo-hoo!

Brendan

Need-to-get: bug deflector, splash gaurds, brush guard (when orderable), bike rack, vacation trailer, boat, etc.  :thumbs:

Nice Truck!!

I love taking my wife with me when were looking at cars as she is tougher on the dealers then I am.

Of course it also helps that her sister can get a GMS code when we buy our cars/trucks.

Shaners:

Yes, that is my driveway, and the front of my house.  You know, I didn't even think about clearance--I just drove in!!

I went out and measured it, and with the roof rack, the Av sits 78.5" in my garage.  The height of the garage door is 82.5", so I have about 4".  But since the driveway slopes to the street, by the time I back out, the rear tires are far enough out (and lower), that I get more than 8" clearance.  I took some more pics of this (just to use the camera, I guess), and you can kind of tell what I mean (even though you have little point of reference).

av_clearance1.jpg

av_clearance2.jpg

av_clearance3.jpg

But I best not have any gear up there!  While we're on the subject of racks, I don't suppose anyone with an AV has added Yakima towers to the factory tracks...  I'm considering this, but the Av is too new for Yakima to have any good information.

Brendan

Looks like you have all kinds of room...  You must be glad you don't have a smaller opening.

I went to a Pirate game in Pgh this summer and I hit the "clearance" sign while I was entering the parking garage. (ouch).  There were about 6 cars bumper to bumper behind me crossing 2-lanes of traffic so I said the heck with it and drove in...  I drove really slow and stayed in the middle as much as possible and didn't hit anything else.  I was lucky...

Archived