Ecm & Tcm Location

just replaced mine a few hours ago with a wait4me tune. Drivers side (under the hood) by the empty battery tray. The inside large one is the ecm. There are tiny red clips that get pushed back first. Then about the center you push in and the whole clip rotates and then the whole thing comes of the ecm. Bottom one is the same. Unit clips in top tabs. Lift them slightly and remove ecm. Tcm is smaller and on the inner side of the mounting. I guess you just want to be careful you don t break any clips or tabs. Takes about 5 mins.... Don t forget to dissconnect neg battery terminal before you begin.

I think they are in the same area but the 05 may have a black cover over it, Also I believe there is only one pcm on that year and the clips may be different. Think you may need a wrench or two as they may be mounted differently. Still any easy get.

+1 thanks

Can anybody tell me where to find the ECM and TCM in my 07 Sierra? I'm planning on buying new ones then sending those to Wait4me tuning so I can swap them out and have the originals just incase I ever need dealership servicing.

Thanks

You will not be sorry if you go with the wait4me tune. Worth every penny.

Archived