Steering Radio Controls

I went to gmparts and looked up the steering wheel and it looks like you can buy the piece with the area cut out, as well as the radio control pod, seperate from buying the whole steering wheel. The cost looked to be about $40.00 for both.

Someone with more knowledge and experience than me can probably shed more light.

i noticed that too, i got the part number for both the pod and the shroud for the steering wheel

I was in my truck a little while ago and I looked at that piece at it looked like it was all one piece. I'm not sure that the part I saw at the gmparts site was that piece, it had a right and left side, not one piece.

pic that you are talking about

post-41932-1194033858.jpg

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I knew someone more knowledgeable would figure it out.

That picture wasn't the one I was looking at on the gmparts site.

Number 15 sure looks like the piece you would need, and it is one piece.

yep, ive been looking into this for the last 2 weeks, i just need someone to remove their airbag to see if the wheel is set up for radio controls on the right side

After looking at the parts picture displayed above, would you have to take off the steering wheel to slide that "shroud" or cover on? Sure looks like you would.

So, are your choices to Cut the cover or remove the steering wheel and replace the cover?

Maybe I don't understand.

After looking at the parts picture displayed above, would you have to take off the steering wheel to slide that "shroud" or cover on? Sure looks like you would.

So, are your choices to Cut the cover or remove the steering wheel and replace the cover?

Maybe I don't understand.

im for sure not going to cut mine, that shroud is only $20 at the dealership and $16 at gmpartsdirect.com, i will have to remove the wheel and put the shroud on

Hi guys I see the part # for the shroud. Does anyone have the # for the pod. I didnt see it but I may have over looked it.

Thanks in advance,

Jim

3 choices: 15819311, 15824117, 15824119

Thanks, Whats the difference between the three numbers??

Hi guys I see the part # for the shroud. Does anyone have the # for the pod. I didnt see it but I may have over looked it.

Thanks in advance,

Jim

3 choices: 15819311 ebony, 15824117 titanium, 15824119 cashmere

i dont really think it matters though, check with gmpartsdirect

Thanks in advance,

Jim

Gotcha Thanks I just checked and all the description has switch and actually three different prices. I will go and order my parts. Thanks for the info again.

Jim

Thanks in advance,

Jim

Gotcha Thanks I just checked and all the description has switch and actually three different prices. I will go and order my parts. Thanks for the info again.

Jim

no problem, can you let me know how the install goes

Thanks in advance,

Jim

Will do

Jim

no problem, can you let me know how the install goes

Archived