285 Vs 295

I know this has been visited many times but i havent seen to much about the difference between a 285 and 295 tire. Im getting the Cooper Discoverer STTs and i am flip-flopping between a 285/70/17 and the 295/70/17. The only difference here is the overall diameter, the 285 being just under 33" and the 295 being 33.3". The width is different by .1 inch so no difference there. What do you guys think. There is a price difference, about 40$ a tire, and will they fit? I know the 285's fit with a torsion bar crank which is what i have, but will the 295's fit? I know that KRJ Z71 on this site has 33x12.50s stuffed in his truck with just a t-bar crank.

http://www.mavistire.com/productcart/pc/_t...ils.asp?id=8807

You should be good to go with the 295. I was running 305/70/R16 on a 10" wide wheel with massive offset. Then my parents bought me 285/75/R16, I miss that massive width.

4wheelparts.com has the specs on my wheels as being: Back Spacing = 5.71 in., Offset = 18 mm

I dont think this is a massive offset. With the 10" wide rims did u have rubbing issues?

You should be good to go with the 295. I was running 305/70/R16 on a 10" wide wheel with massive offset. Then my parents bought me 285/75/R16, I miss that massive width.

4wheelparts.com has the specs on my wheels as being: Back Spacing = 5.71 in., Offset = 18 mm

I dont think this is a massive offset. With the 10" wide rims did u have rubbing issues?

Hell I have rubbing issues with the 285's, but I have a 10" wide wheel and massive offset. Go 295's I am telling you, you will regret the 285's. Oh and you will have to trim a little plastic with any size tire you choose.

Hell I have rubbing issues with the 285's, but I have a 10" wide wheel and massive offset. Go 295's I am telling you, you will regret the 285's. Oh and you will have to trim a little plastic with any size tire you choose.

Plastic schmastic

Plastic schmastic

Good attitude! And with your fender flares you will want the extra width of the tires.

Archived