Cigarette Plugs Not Working.

When getting ready for holidays I realized, at the last minute that my cigarette plug on the rear of my console isn't working so my kids couldn't hook up their DVD players. I also noticed that I have no power to the plug inside the console nor power to the left side plug on the dash. ( I have power to the right side on the dash but no where else.) Are these all wired in series from the right side and maybe just not plugged in at that point? If so how do I get access to the back of the plug?

I thought that if it's an easy fix I won't bother with the warranty.

The truck is an '07 Silverado LTZ.

Thanks in advance

RR

Did you check fuses? Without pulling my manual out, or going in the garage to check my truck-there are fuse boxes in the dash behind where the driver's door meets, and under the hood in the engine bay.

Did you check fuses? Without pulling my manual out, or going in the garage to check my truck-there are fuse boxes in the dash behind where the driver's door meets, and under the hood in the engine bay.

+1, our 03 Burb went through cigarette lighter fuses all the time. I guess you aren't supposed to like fireworks with it. :thumbs:

Do the GMT-900 Trucks and SUV even have cigarette lighters? My V-Max and Suburban don't have smokers package like my 2003 Suburban and 2006 Silverado. It only has inputs that look like they could be cigarette lighters, but I don't think they are, I used them to connect my IPOD charger though.

Do the GMT-900 Trucks and SUV even have cigarette lighters? My V-Max and Suburban don't have smokers package like my 2003 Suburban and 2006 Silverado. It only has inputs that look like they could be cigarette lighters, but I don't think they are, I used them to connect my IPOD charger though.

Dumb me. I went to dealer parts and just purchased the cigarette lighter. Of course, it did not work. Returned it for money back. There is a kit. One has to take out the whole mechanism and replace it with one that looks the same then ordinary cigarette lighter works. I declined to purchase the kit and left all original.

When getting ready for holidays I realized, at the last minute that my cigarette plug on the rear of my console isn't working so my kids couldn't hook up their DVD players. I also noticed that I have no power to the plug inside the console nor power to the left side plug on the dash. ( I have power to the right side on the dash but no where else.) Are these all wired in series from the right side and maybe just not plugged in at that point? If so how do I get access to the back of the plug?

I thought that if it's an easy fix I won't bother with the warranty.

The truck is an '07 Silverado LTZ.

Thanks in advance

RR

Not to be disrespectful, but are you sure the kids did not try to hook up the 2000 watt generator to one of the outlets?

Dumb me. I went to dealer parts and just purchased the cigarette lighter. Of course, it did not work. Returned it for money back. There is a kit. One has to take out the whole mechanism and replace it with one that looks the same then ordinary cigarette lighter works. I declined to purchase the kit and left all original.

That sucks bro, at least you got your money back though. I can't believe that the newer trucks don't come with the cigarette lighter, I don't smoke in my car but it was a pretty convenient feature to just light it up with the cigarette lighter and smoke outside of the truck, now I just carry a lighter with me.

Archived