Check Engine Light Code P0449

Also this code can be caused by Over filling your gas tank. Just a word of advice when you buy a new vent purge solenoid buy it from a GM dealer not auto zone or advance. I bought 4 total and ended up spending the money on the last one at a GM dealer because the first 3 would not work/DOA (the process only took 3 months to get one that worked.)

So 2 things that can keep this code from coming up are:

1. Don't over fill your tank, when the pump shuts off your done.

2. Be sure gas cap is tight.

Thanks,

Chas

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
Might be a dumb question, but i'll ask it anyways. Where does the new filter box mount to? If the OEM vent valve is one piece, and the AC Delco is two pieces, where do you run the filter box to? Thanks!

GM has you route the filter box and locate it above the transmission housing

Might be a dumb question, but i'll ask it anyways. Where does the new filter box mount to? If the OEM vent valve is one piece, and the AC Delco is two pieces, where do you run the filter box to? Thanks!

GM has you route the filter box and locate it above the transmission housing

Thanks. I'll give that a try!

Gentlemen,

I'm tried familiarizing myself with these parts and where to mount and replace. The only thing I am unsure of is the actual part number for a 2007 Classic for the vent solenoid. I've heard AC Delco 214-2089, GM part number 19152349. and so on. I need a real no BS part number for the '07 Classis, AC Delco, GM, or otherwise. All my searches have left my empt handed.

ANy help with an exact part number for the '07 Classic would be much appreciated. You guys are a lot smarter than I am!

Thanks,

Joe

Gentlemen,

I'm tried familiarizing myself with these parts and where to mount and replace. The only thing I am unsure of is the actual part number for a 2007 Classic for the vent solenoid. I've heard AC Delco 214-2089, GM part number 19152349. and so on. I need a real no BS part number for the '07 Classis, AC Delco, GM, or otherwise. All my searches have left my empt handed.

ANy help with an exact part number for the '07 Classic would be much appreciated. You guys are a lot smarter than I am!

Thanks,

Joe

This guy used that part # and had no problem on his '07 classic

Gentlemen,

Thanks,

Joe

This guy used that part # and had no problem on his '07 classic

Thanks for your help TXAB, I really appreciate it. Maybe if I paid attention to the little details I could have figure that out, lol!

One more question before I can put this topic to bed, I've ordered the new solenoid from gmpartsdirect and will change it out when it arrives. However, how much damage can be caused by this malfunction? 100 miles, 500 miles, 3 engine hours, 25 engine hours, what would happen if a person never changed this out if indeed it was faulty?

Thanks,

Joe

..what would happen if a person never changed this out if indeed it was faulty?
You would continue to pollute, and be unable to pass emissions inspections. That's about all.

• 1 month later...

So to bring up this subject again. I have a p0449 and a p0445 code on my truck. I replaced the gas cap with OEM and of course it didn't change anything. So then I saw on this web page about the kit. So I went out and got the kit from GM and put it all in with all new 5/8 hose and everything. I cleared the code and started my truck acouple of times and of course my check engine light came back on. I hooked up a scanner to read the codes but I would be willing to bet it is the same code. Does anyone have any more ideas as to what this could be?

My light comes on and stays on. It doesn't shut off like some people say it does for them. I have checked voltages on the purge and vent solenoid and I have replaced the vent solenoid with a new canister and filter box. I am guessing the next step is to replace the purge solenoid that is on the motor. Please offer any advise on this. Thank you.

Welcome tschaunaman

Code shouldn't be triggered by purge valve.

Suggest you search for any tiny leaks in areas of: Vent Valve, Canister, all related plumbing / hoses, fuel tank fill snorkel (I've seen some of them rust)

Thank you. Lots of useful info on here.

So I just got back from scanning the codes and as soon as I clear the codes, I start my truck and read the codes, they are back. I did that like 3 times. Then I had some one else do it, just to prove to myself that I wasn't doing anything wrong. So I check all of the voltages and re connected the vent valve, just to be sure it was plugged in all the way and it is still popping up right away. I think it is kind of weird how it comes up right away. Does that give you any other ideas? I looked at the fill tube and that all looked fine. Didn't see any rust holes or anything. Then all of the hoses that I put on are new. Whats a good way to check the hoses for small leaks, im not sure what a good way to do it is on EGR lines.

...I start my truck and read the codes, they are back...Whats a good way to check the hoses for small leaks...

Both codes are back?

Bear in mind code P0449 indicates Evaporative Emission Control System Vent Valve/Solenoid Circuit Malfunction, which means there is something wrong with the Vent Valve electrical circuit.

Double check your voltages, connections.

Only when p0449 code problem is resolved would I bother to chase down potential leaks.

p0455 code could likely be a result of the P0449 code.

Archived