Jonathan Gosslin Aka Gravedigger Is A Thief!

akinz

I purchased a denali grill off Jon Gosselin back in April. We agreed on a price and I paid him with a Canadian Money order in US funds. He kept saying the bank had not cleared it yet. When I said send it back then and I'll send you a certified cheque or whatever I never heard back from him again.

Don't deal with this guy. He's a thief, a liar, and a coward for having to steal from someone over the internet.

Kyle, that sucks!

Anyway you can track him down? Admins, can you get the email from this guy?

He sent him a money order. He has his address. Now make a road trip. Bring a bat. :D

On a serious note, you can always track the money order down with its serial number. Its a PITA, but can be done.

Always use PayPal

I've had bad mojo with paypal refusing to refund money on some items or services non delivered. Just make sure you use a credit card and not draft from your bank account. Once a CC company wants money back for fraud, paypal caves very easily.

But Yeah if you dont know the person, paypal.

Hey Stop trying to bad mouth me or make me out to be a scum. I've asked my Bank numerous times what the status was and they're waiting on your financial institution. how would you like me to send back a money order that I deposited into my bank? And btw when you make the road trip from Canada, First we'll go to the bank and you can hear for yourself. then Secondly you can come to my garage and take your parts. Do you think i'm a total fool? I had this same thing happen to me with a "certified Bank Check" some kid sent me for $1,600 come to find out it was a big Phishing Scam. And Yes Kyle does have my adress. please come visit. What do you want me to send you the $ back? want me to ship parts? when all I have recieved is a goddamn piece of paper with a price total?

NOT taking sides here but I do know from being in business that FAKE CASHIER CHECKS & MONEY ORDERS ARE A BIG PROBLEM FOR THE BANK and BANKS WILL NOT RELEASE FUNDS TILL THEY HAVE THE CASH.

Hey Stop trying to bad mouth me or make me out to be a scum. I've asked my Bank numerous times what the status was and they're waiting on your financial institution. how would you like me to send back a money order that I deposited into my bank? And btw when you make the road trip from Canada, First we'll go to the bank and you can hear for yourself. then Secondly you can come to my garage and take your parts. Do you think i'm a total fool? I had this same thing happen to me with a "certified Bank Check" some kid sent me for $1,600 come to find out it was a big Phishing Scam. And Yes Kyle does have my adress. please come visit. What do you want me to send you the $ back? want me to ship parts? when all I have recieved is a goddamn piece of paper with a price total?

It looks like it's been 5 months. Surely your bank would know something by now and would've told you something.

It looks like it's been 5 months. Surely your bank would know something by now and would've told you something.

True, 5+ months is a bit excessive. But giving him the benefit of the doubt, stranger things have happened. Hopefully gravedigger will resolve the situation quickly.

I completely agree that 5 months is excessive. I am not sure if it's due to the fact that it's a money order from Canada. When the money is originally deposited into my bank they first have to communicate with the Canadian institution. next, my bank has to wait for the funds to be cleared. now where we stand, it has not cleared yet. I believe I had to pay a small fee for this whole process. I want to say it was $25.00 which I get back when this money order does clear. Now I have no problem sending your parts it's just I am not doing so out of pocket. Or even issuing a refund. I would gladly send you your $ back once it cleared. What you're accusing me of is not me and it is an extreme misunderstanding.

I was being facetious about the visit and the bat. Hence the "seriously" part. Thats why I mentioned to Kyle to bring the money order serial number in to have it researched.

As for international money orders, I have always had problems with them. IMHO, it may have to do with the economy pooping out and the extreme exchange rate changes.

NOT taking sides here but I do know from being in business that FAKE CASHIER CHECKS & MONEY ORDERS ARE A BIG PROBLEM FOR THE BANK and BANKS WILL NOT RELEASE FUNDS TILL THEY HAVE THE CASH.

Absolutely, When I had that situation I ended up paying a few bucks out of pocket for the processing fees or whatever they were. when I went to local authorities in New jersey where this person was from who sent me it they said There's nothing I can do. In my opinion, There were many things that could've been done. First off criminally he had commited what I see as Check Fraud in excess of $250. which is a felony offense, Identity Fraud Which is also a felony offense ( I thought it was a ploy to steal my identity when I deposited into the bank.) But they said there's nothing that could be done. I'm assuming because it had been an internet matter and everyone should be cautious on their own part when engaging in internet transactions.

Archived