I need more tone

Keep the stock pipe (it is stainless anyways) and just splice in a new Muffler (Borla etc...) and then put a nice stainless "tip" on it.  Borla makes alot of nice stainless tips to choose from...  to make it look right you might need to cut a couple of inches off the stock tip...

• 3 weeks later...

I followed Shaners advice today!!!!   Went to a local muffler shop here in SD and they hooked me up with a Bullet performance muffler and tip, all stainless, &170 out the door installed.  Got the sound I wanted and the price to boot.  Thanks for the tip Bowtie Brother.

Badger,

A friend of mine did exactly the same as you with his cummins diesel.  He had the local shop install a "Bullet" on his truck...   It really opened up the exhaust and the sound!!!

He sold the truck but kept the Bullet and is going to install it on his 2002 Ram when it gets here in a few weeks!!!

Stepside Z,

I live in the Tierrasanta area.  I-15 just before I-8 and the Stadium.  Balboa Blvd tuns into Tierrasanta east of the 15.  Active Duty, stationed at Miramar.  Weather is great, but have been out here (west coast) too long.

Archived