'01 Hd Crewcab....how To Get At Speakers

How do you get to the speakers on an '01 2500HD Crew Cab? Do the grilles in the door pop off, or do you have to remove the entire door panel to get at the speakers?

I am looking for anyone who has a set, or individual stock speakers that they took out. I've got a few that crackle when it's turned up. It's annoying and I'm trying to sell the truck right now.

I actually just finished putting a set in my 06 crew cab today, butt simple. Also did them in my previous 03. Just finesse out the little trim ring around the door handle, then remove 2 screws, 1 should be at the bottom corner of the door, the other kind of hidden just below the grab opening of the handle. Both should be 8mm. Make sure to disconnect the harness for power windows before you go tugging on that door panel.(if power) Then just reverse the process to reinstall. Also Ive got the stock 6 3/4 pairs out of the doors if youre interested.

So, it sounds like the whole door panel has to come off. Do the mesh grilles not pop off without removing the whole door panel? Do you have all 4 or just 2? I would be interested as mine are annoying with the crackling coming from them. Where are you located?

Mesh grilles will come out but yeah, door panel has to come off. Speaker is mounted in door and door panel is set over all of it. Yes I have all 4 still with all the factory mounting rings and everything still attached. I'm in northern VA

Archived