Switching Dash Boards

• 2 weeks later...

If you get the whole dash, no problems, but I think there are some subtle differences that might affect fitment...The dash in my buddy's 91 and my old 93 are pretty different.

I am new here also but there is a lot of work and parts that go into this because you will need the gauge cluster changed which will have different wiring some if not all of the airducts are in different places, your switches will be different etc etc.. IMO if you don't have a wrecked truck sitting there with the dash you want and a lot of time it is not worth it I had an 89 and thought about doing the same thing until I realized how much work and parts were involved. I am not saying its not doable I have seen it done but it is not worth the time effort or money IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
I am new here also but there is a lot of work and parts that go into this because you will need the gauge cluster changed which will have different wiring some if not all of the airducts are in different places, your switches will be different etc etc.. IMO if you don't have a wrecked truck sitting there with the dash you want and a lot of time it is not worth it I had an 89 and thought about doing the same thing until I realized how much work and parts were involved. I am not saying its not doable I have seen it done but it is not worth the time effort or money IMO.

I still want to upgrade my digital '90 IP to an analog '91 with tach. I didn't get it working when I plugged it in, and left the project for now, but they look much better in my opinion.

post-2543-1234572866_thumb.png

post-2543-1234572876_thumb.png

I still want to upgrade my digital '90 IP to an analog '91 with tach. I didn't get it working when I plugged it in, and left the project for now, but they look much better in my opinion.
I know that some people on FullsizeChevy.com have done that swap, you might want to search their Interior Tech forum. IIRC, you had to move a few wires around in the connector and then run a new wire for the tach.

I know that some people on FullsizeChevy.com have done that swap, you might want to search their Interior Tech forum. IIRC, you had to move a few wires around in the connector and then run a new wire for the tach.

Thanks for the lead. I really wanted to do this.

James

post-2543-1234912389_thumb.jpg

Archived