New Led Tail Lights On My 08 Sierra

Take them off! I've not seen one vehicle yet that looked "decent" with euro/Rice-style lights like that!

I dont understand why people think euro style lights look rice. They are EURO style inspired, from europe..... So what if they look good on honda's? That doesn't mean they can't look good on something else. Sorry but it drives me nuts when i keep hearing this... There are a handful of trucks from ppl on this forum that i think should be illegal to drive due to the high level of ugly, but im not going to tell them that, even if they ask for my opinion. In closing, to each their own ! :thumbs:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, what an interesting array of views here. I truly do feel like most here. To each his own. I myself am not a fan of bull bar's or 6" lifts or huge tires in small wheels and shit like that.

I decided on these lights because our headlights are also a clear lens with chrome background. I thought it would finish the look GM started.....The overwhelming opinion here is.... :smoker: and that's fine & I respect that!

There's always this too.... :D

I like them....However, I do think there's a bit of strange element to them. Well have to see....

I have noticed that since the change to LED's I don't think I suffer from the tail lights that go out with light pressure on the pedal issue anymore. I don't know how this helped but it did...So ugly or not...I guess I may not get rear ended as easily as someone that does not have LED tail lights? :lol: for me :lol:

I see there are a lot of traditional looking truck people here...I think breaking the mold, and trying new things is what doing mods to our trucks is about...Not just doing the same old thing every time or doing like everyone else is doing.

Now, to the other perception of this...You know when you best buddy introduces you to his new girlfriend? He's infatuated with her, and you think shes been chasing the ugly train and it came to a sudden stop....?

If you come right out and tell him, then hey..You might be helping him, but then maybe it's not the constructive criticism he might be looking for.

On the other hand, like these lights have eliminated my brake lights that don't want to stay on issue, maybe your buddy is only looking at the head giving quality of the new chick and is high on weed or Vodka and has the bedroom lights off for 80% of the time he's with her????? Hence, who gives a shit what she looks like???

If not, then you hurt his feelings and now he thinks you're and A$$hole.... :D Again to each his own!

OK...I'm going for a drive and I'm taking my stinking LED lights with me.... :D

Nice job. I like them because they are UNIQUE. And uniqueness is something that is not too common any more. Most people just have the "normal" mods any more...

:smoker: Here's to taking a chance on something different :lol:

And if you decide you don't want them, you can just send them to me and I would be happy to use them! :lol:

Page,

Have you given any thought to tinting them? With the black wheels and such it might not look bad to lightly smoke those new tails.

Just a thought.

Hey Tobias...You nailed it. There's a very good chance that's the direction I'm going to go with them.

Nice job. I like them because they are UNIQUE. And uniqueness is something that is not too common any more. Most people just have the "normal" mods any more...

:jester: Here's to taking a chance on something different :jester:

And if you decide you don't want them, you can just send them to me and I would be happy to use them! :)

Thanks Scott, I'm trying different things...It's trial and error...LOL

Page,

Have you given any thought to tinting them? With the black wheels and such it might not look bad to lightly smoke those new tails.

Just a thought.

Hey Tobias...You nailed it. There's a very good chance that's the direction I'm going to go with them.

:jester:

Not personally feeling them, but if you like 'em, more power to 'ya. They're definitely not the worst I've seen, by a LONGshot though.

We're all just idiots on the internet, so don't listen to us. :jester:

Hey Dan...Not even...I base a lot of things on what y'all say and do. There are always a lot of great ideas and solutions on this site.

Page. I like different. Everybody having the same stuff gets boring. If you listen to this crowd, you'll have one of those "cookie cutter customs" that is so custom it looks exactly like everybody else's.

I like Daddy's idea of tinting them lightly.

Be bold. Be different.

Archived