Pioneer Avic Or Rosen Gm0710 - Help

I have a 2009 Silverado LTZ without NAV and my primary reason to upgrade is of course NAV and iPod control while retaining my XM. I have a PXAMG iPod interface but the 2 busy/pauses after every mode switch is annoying, it's updated to the latest firmware .38.

I'm undecided on either the Rosen GM0710 or the AVIC Z110BT. Either system will be around $1200 and the Rosen will be easier to install and keep existing XM subscription, but I've seen mixed reviews on it and the interface seems slow to switch modes after watching youtube vids of it in action.

There's a new AVIC Z120BT due out any day now but early prices indicate it's going to be $500 more and can't justify that amount.

Please advise and here's a part listing of the AVIC setup, let me know if I missed anything.

Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT 7-Inch Flagship In-Dash Navigation A/V Receiver

Pioneer CD-IU50V USB Interface Cable for iPod/iPhone

Pioneer GEX-P920XM XM Satellite Tuner

PAC OS-4 OnStar Interface for GM 29-Bit LAN Vehicles

PAC SWI-PS - Steering wheel control adapter

Metra 95-3305 Double DIN Installation Dash Kit for 2006-up Chevrolet Vehicles

Total $1190 + $18 XM Activation switch.

I have a 2009 Silverado LTZ without NAV and my primary reason to upgrade is of course NAV and iPod control while retaining my XM. I have a PXAMG iPod interface but the 2 busy/pauses after every mode switch is annoying, it's updated to the latest firmware .38.

I'm undecided on either the Rosen GM0710 or the AVIC Z110BT. Either system will be around $1200 and the Rosen will be easier to install and keep existing XM subscription, but I've seen mixed reviews on it and the interface seems slow to switch modes after watching youtube vids of it in action.

There's a new AVIC Z120BT due out any day now but early prices indicate it's going to be $500 more and can't justify that amount.

Please advise and here's a part listing of the AVIC setup, let me know if I missed anything.

Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT 7-Inch Flagship In-Dash Navigation A/V Receiver

Pioneer CD-IU50V USB Interface Cable for iPod/iPhone

Pioneer GEX-P920XM XM Satellite Tuner

PAC OS-4 OnStar Interface for GM 29-Bit LAN Vehicles

PAC SWI-PS - Steering wheel control adapter

Metra 95-3305 Double DIN Installation Dash Kit for 2006-up Chevrolet Vehicles

Total $1190 + $18 XM Activation switch.

Are you locked in to the Rosen or AVIC?

Have you considered going GM OEM?

The 2010 nav head supports XM (it's a separate module) and it has a usb port that will allow full control of your ipod through the touch screen. Units are on this board and ebay from time to time for much less than you are talking about above. For instance: ebay just had a unlocked 2010 nav head with usb, the gps antenna , DVD nav 5.0c disc and the vss harness for a buy it now price of $899. Of course it sold pretty quickly.

Something to consider :sigh:

I did think about the GM OEM but figured it was a hassle to get them unlocked (dealership and bend over comes to mind). Sounds like good option and cheaper.

Thanks guys.

It really isn't a big deal as long as you have a decent dealership that isn't full of a bunch of pretentious pricks in the service department.

I did think about the GM OEM but figured it was a hassle to get them unlocked (dealership and bend over comes to mind). Sounds like good option and cheaper.

The DNX9140 is a good looking unit too but it's about $300 more than the AVIC.

Thanks guys.

Your money, your truck. Just throwing it out there. IMHO the AVIC and Rosen unit are not in the same league. If you had to choose, go with the Pioneer.

I installed the AVIC z110bt this weekend and it's light years ahead of stock. I'm really impressed. The painful part was the SWI programming. Following the OS4 instructions about setting version 2 and no brown loop cut solved all the issues. It now performs as well as stock, fast response too. The wife and friends agree that it looks like a factory system. Waiting on a ebay camera and the system will be complete.

Pics up in a day or so.

I installed the AVIC z110bt this weekend and it's light years ahead of stock. I'm really impressed. The painful part was the SWI programming. Following the OS4 instructions about setting version 2 and no brown loop cut solved all the issues. It now performs as well as stock, fast response too. The wife and friends agree that it looks like a factory system. Waiting on a ebay camera and the system will be complete.

Pics up in a day or so.

Good choice. I have an AVIC X910 and have been very happy with its performance. Lets see some pics!

Pics up in a day or so.

Did you have any problems with space to put the OS4 and the SWI?

Btw, there is a supposed to be an update to the z110bt to bring it up to the newer z120bt. It will cost $$ though.

Thanks, that Metra kit really does make a nice fit

A quick word of advice, be careful of the metra kit. The fit and finish is great but I have put a few scratches in mine with stupid shit, like a DVD going into my head unit. Don't ask me how or why it happened but its kinda annoying. May replace it at some point as its not an expensive part.

Archived