Backup Light Wire? Location And Color?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 aczr2k

aczr2k

Enthusiast

• 145 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:34 AM

Looking for the backup light (reverse lights) wire in the cab/door sill to hook up the reverse wire to get a rear camera to come on automatically. Anyone know the best location to tie into it and what color wire is it? Thanks.

61a94fb0-19c4-4004-ac4e-b044e0e9323c_zps

High Country 6.2L

#2 white07gmc

white07gmc

Enthusiast

• 236 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:30 AM

Looking for the backup light (reverse lights) wire in the cab/door sill to hook up the reverse wire to get a rear camera to come on automatically. Anyone know the best location to tie into it and what color wire is it? Thanks.

I ran a power wire to my fuse box under the hood that has the fuse for me reverse lights. The reason I did this was when ever it would rain the damn thing would blow the fuse so I ran the cable to the fuse box and it works great. I couldn't find a wire in the cab anywhere.

Posted Image

Kenwood DNX 7100 / Kenwood Bluetooth / Kenwood Backup Camera / 2 Kicker 10" CVR's / Alpine MRP M350 / 8000k HID Headlights / 8000k HID Fog Lights / Pace Edwards JackRabbit W/ Explorer Rails / 2x Sprocket Rocket Racks / Load Warrior Basket / Passport Sr7 With Laser Shifters / Hypertech Max Energy

#3 aczr2k

aczr2k

Enthusiast

• 145 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:10 AM

These newer trucks don't have the wiring harness in the door sill like the earlier ones did? I guess I'll have to pull it up and check. The fuse box would work also, usually I don't like jamming taps into the fuse holder. Thanks.

61a94fb0-19c4-4004-ac4e-b044e0e9323c_zps

High Country 6.2L

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users