NO LOW BEAMS

I just went to go out tonight and I have no low beam headlights, either side. It was dark when I got home and the lights were working fine, than I go to go out and no low beams at all. I haven't had any trouble with the lights flickering or anything. Kind of strange. High beams work fine. What are the chances of both low beams burning out at the same time? Ahhhhhh. :chevy:

What are the chances of both low beams burning out at the same time?

Chances are slim, but I've seen more than one tech on a wild goose chase trying to figure out why the headlights didn't work and it was just both bulbs burned out.

Your particular vehicle uses ground to switch on the lights. There's a right and left headlamp fuse, but those supply high and low beams, so if you have high beams, it's probably a ground issue.

The dimmer switch provides a path for the ground, but I haven't seen those go bad. Possible though. I've seen more problems in the UBEC (Underhood bussed electrical center) with connections.

Just like GM-Tech said, the low beams share a common ground that goes through the UBEC...looking at a schematic right now.

Also, if you have any aftermarket electronics that involve the lo beams...alarm, remote start, etc., I'd check them also.

Just like GM-Tech said, the low beams share a common ground that goes through the UBEC...looking at a schematic right now.

If I recall correctly, I have had at least 3 that had a burned connection on the UBEC connector C1, terminal D3.

C1 D3...connector on the UBEC side between the UBEC and the dimmer switch...good memory!

I don't believe it but both low beams burned out at the exact same time. Now I just hope it wasn't due to some power surge or something. But anyway all fixed. :chevy:

It happens. Also, sometimes a person doesn't notice that one is out for a while... until the second one burns out and now you have NO lights.

Archived