P0446 Evap Code

I'm needing some help finding the valve on my 2002 silverado 1500, my check engine light has come on twice in the past month for this problem. I live on a farm and i do a lot of gravel road driving, i took it into a shop to get cleaned, i paid them $70 to get it cleaned, and two weeks later engine light came back on, i took it to part source and got the codes read, said it was the same problem, the same code. They deleted the engine light, so now i can't take it back to the shop to get it fixed. So, I'm looking to do it myself. If anyone could show me a picture of the valve, so i can clean it, i used a 1/4 tank of gas driving around 100km. This needs to be done right now.

I'm needing some help finding the valve on my 2002 silverado 1500, my check engine light has come on twice in the past month for this problem. I live on a farm and i do a lot of gravel road driving, i took it into a shop to get cleaned, i paid them $70 to get it cleaned, and two weeks later engine light came back on, i took it to part source and got the codes read, said it was the same problem, the same code. They deleted the engine light, so now i can't take it back to the shop to get it fixed. So, I'm looking to do it myself. If anyone could show me a picture of the valve, so i can clean it, i used a 1/4 tank of gas driving around 100km. This needs to be done right now.

I don't have a picture of it, but it sits right on top of the fuel tank. (a terrible location - which is the real problem) There is an updated part that relocates the sensor to the top of the bellhousing/transmission.

Good Luck!

Wayne

I just spent 40 minutes looking under my truck, and I've been unable to find this damn valve! Can someone please! Please! show me where this valve is! I'm so sick of this.

Edit:

Please, if anyone wants, i got a free 1 month card for Xbox live for the first person who gives me a picture that helps me find and clean the valve!

Mine is on the back end of the tank (04) some were on the front some were on top. Look between the cab and the box if it is in the front of the tank you should see it through there. If not find the charcoal canister and trace it back.

Okay, i found the EVAP valve, but i cannot get the line disconnected from the valve. I found a picture of what mine looks like, it's in the most absolute retarded spot any engineer can think of. i really want to slap the person who put that damn valve there.

evap_canister.gif

How does one disconnect the line? I've tried everything.

Well, managed to do it. After basically getting angry and ripping that damn line off the valve and the box. I cleaned it out that's for sure, sat there for a half hour, blowing that damn thing out with the air compressor. It was REALLY dirty in there.

Archived