Superchips Flashpaq 2815 On My 2500hd

I have a 02' Silverado 2500hd with a 6.0l and of course it drinks gas like i drink water (And thats alot of drinking) I'm getting somewhere around 11.5 mpg highway. And before i put the Spectre cold air intake and Tornado it was getting around 10-10.5mpg highway.

So i just bought a Superchips Flashpaq 2815 off craigslist for $240, And the guy just recently did all the updates and whatnot, So it also has the Mileage XS tune, Should i switch it to that to see the most mpg improvement? Or should i just put it on 87 octane tune? Or leave it on Performance tune with the 91 octane fuel?

And i would appreciate if someone has a nice setup that will also give me more mpg's. Should i put exhaust? If you got any ideas let me know.

Thanks in advance,

post-68141-1255635698_thumb.jpg

Agreed, loose the tornado... and install the mileage tune. I have a friend that got good results with it. Something else you could try is Synthetic trans fluid. I did in my last truck and it was worth a solid 1-2 mpg better. I used Royal purple and it worked awesome for me :( Better mileage wasn't the only benefit. The trans ran 15-20 degrees cooler too. I never saw it above 185 and that was while towing.

Also, what exhaust are you running?

Okay what does a mileage tune cost? And its got 183,xxx miles.

Agreed, loose the tornado... and install the mileage tune. I have a friend that got good results with it. Something else you could try is Synthetic trans fluid. I did in my last truck and it was worth a solid 1-2 mpg better. I used Royal purple and it worked awesome for me :cheers: Better mileage wasn't the only benefit. The trans ran 15-20 degrees cooler too. I never saw it above 185 and that was while towing.

Well i just changed the plugs and wires around 2 weeks ago, The same time i put the cold air intake filter

Custom tunes run about 300-400. With those miles, have you done a tune up? Plugs,wires,etc?

• 3 weeks later...
Well i just changed the plugs and wires around 2 weeks ago, The same time i put the cold air intake filter

Custom tunes run about 300-400. With those miles, have you done a tune up? Plugs,wires,etc?

Black Bear only costs 260[including getting your old computer back]

What I'd like to know is this "Fitch catalyst system" worth 245 bucks? there are testimonies[how much is true?] that said that on a '96 454 cc dually, they got 2 MPG more[ i get 14 mpg/hiway-70mph... anybody know, or use this???

Archived