In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Superchips Flashpaq 2815 On My 2500hd

I have a 02' Silverado 2500hd with a 6.0l and of course it drinks gas like i drink water (And thats alot of drinking) I'm getting somewhere around 11.5 mpg highway. And before i put the Spectre cold air intake and Tornado it was getting around 10-10.5mpg highway.

So i just bought a Superchips Flashpaq 2815 off craigslist for $240, And the guy just recently did all the updates and whatnot, So it also has the Mileage XS tune, Should i switch it to that to see the most mpg improvement? Or should i just put it on 87 octane tune? Or leave it on Performance tune with the 91 octane fuel?

And i would appreciate if someone has a nice setup that will also give me more mpg's. Should i put exhaust? If you got any ideas let me know.

Thanks in advance,

post-68141-1255635698_thumb.jpg

Agreed, loose the tornado... and install the mileage tune. I have a friend that got good results with it. Something else you could try is Synthetic trans fluid. I did in my last truck and it was worth a solid 1-2 mpg better. I used Royal purple and it worked awesome for me :( Better mileage wasn't the only benefit. The trans ran 15-20 degrees cooler too. I never saw it above 185 and that was while towing.

Also, what exhaust are you running?

Okay what does a mileage tune cost? And its got 183,xxx miles.

Agreed, loose the tornado... and install the mileage tune. I have a friend that got good results with it. Something else you could try is Synthetic trans fluid. I did in my last truck and it was worth a solid 1-2 mpg better. I used Royal purple and it worked awesome for me :cheers: Better mileage wasn't the only benefit. The trans ran 15-20 degrees cooler too. I never saw it above 185 and that was while towing.

Well i just changed the plugs and wires around 2 weeks ago, The same time i put the cold air intake filter

Custom tunes run about 300-400. With those miles, have you done a tune up? Plugs,wires,etc?

• 3 weeks later...
Well i just changed the plugs and wires around 2 weeks ago, The same time i put the cold air intake filter

Custom tunes run about 300-400. With those miles, have you done a tune up? Plugs,wires,etc?

Black Bear only costs 260[including getting your old computer back]

What I'd like to know is this "Fitch catalyst system" worth 245 bucks? there are testimonies[how much is true?] that said that on a '96 454 cc dually, they got 2 MPG more[ i get 14 mpg/hiway-70mph... anybody know, or use this???

Archived