How-To: Heated Steering Wheel Install GMT900 Sierra.

Trav_13

Btw, anyone looking for a clock spring that is needed in conjunction with the heated wheel, I got a brand new, never used, still in the box, that I'll sell with the pigtail connector from ssconnectors. $100 shipped via USPS ground sound fair? Let me know or PM me. Pics of it are in my previous post. (about 5 posts or so ago.)

well i just got off the phone with my buddy who happens to work in a gm dealer. gave him the vin of a suburban i found that has the ebony heated steering wheel. he pulled up the same part number of 20998064 for the wheel. I'm ordering it strait from the dealer and we shall see what happens. i've done several searches to find that other people who have ordered it from the dealer received the correct wheel. the clock spring p/n is 25966964 which has already been decided as the correct p/n and the harness from ssconnectors is 60296271. if you want the OEM harness it's p/n 25807858 but i couldn't justify the extra 80 or so dollars when I could spend 12 dollars and achieve the same thing plus some wire loom to make it look better... and really the harness is not needed at all you can just make your own by cutting off the connector and using some spade terminals. they said the wheel is about 5 day's out so i'll report back as soon as i know. If anyone who has done this has pictures of exactly where they tied into for power and ground so i could get some ideas that would be great. if not i'll just poke around in the distro box down there to see what i can't find...

Thanks a lot for checking into this for all of us. I had a feeling that was the right part number because I saw it on several other sites. I saw a very detailed installation guide with pics either in this thread or on another site that showed exactly where they connected everything. I'll try to find that for you. Please let us know how it all works out when you get it. Also, it'd be great if you could let me know what it all cost you. Anyway, thanks again!!

i'm very impatiently waiting for the parts to come in (wheel could be up to 5 days)

I can't really give out my real costs due to the prices i'm getting them at and true costs and whatnot... however I can tell you the whole project start to finish will cost me well under $500 however i was expecting it to cost me 600-700 and it still would have been worth it for the option to me. I opted for the harness from ssconnectors instead of getting teh oem harness because it's a lot cheaper and nobody will ever see it or even know it's there. I ordered that yesterday as well as the other parts i'm just hoping it all shows up at the same time. If you could find that site it would be great. i'll be updating as soon as i can

ALRIGHT LADIES AND GENTS!!

i can say with 100 percent accuracy that p/n 20998064 is an EBONY HEATED STEERING WHEEL and has NO woodgrain to it at all. and p/n 25966964 is THE CORRECT CLOCK SPRING. just got my parts in today from GM. all i'm waiting on is the pigtail from ssconnectors and i'll be one happy camper. I ordered my parts directly from GM for the wheel and clock spring and they are correct!! As far as the guy who ordered the wheel from gmpartsdirect and got a non heated wheel in the box of the correct p/n...I couldn't tell ya... maybe just a fluke who knows. I'll get pictures when I do the installation

That is awesome news!

I was the one that (as of now) was shipped the wrong part from gmpartsdirect.com.

Do mind helping me out and posting up pics like I did.

I'd love to make them exchange this non-heated wheel for the correct part. I've got this clock spring and ssconnector sitting here with otherwise no purpose.

Also so I can verify, what range would you think I should have paid? This may help me verify I got the wrong part. When I get a chance I'll find out what I did actually pay gmpartsdirect.com for that part number.

Thanks again for following up!

i would say probably around 380 for the wheel was gm list price. i'm not sure exactly, through a series of friends the whole ordeal will cost me under 400 with all parts... and i'll try to get some pics soon but i'd try to contact them and tell them they sent you the wrong part

• Like 1

post-115084-134499367045_thumb.jpg

Ok I stand corrected. Looks like I paid $185.40 which is probably too cheap for the heated wheel? The invoice shows the part number that showed up at my door which oddly was not the heated wheel. Wonder how I'm going to argue this.

I don't mind paying the difference if there is any but I'm hoping they will take this non heated back or exchange for the heated and more so find the right wheel to sell me.

Wonder if this part number use to be a non heated wheel?! Doesn't seem right but I just don't understand how the box unopened showing the heated wheel part number, ended up being the wrong part.

I'll update as I find out more after I contact them.

That's awesome you got the parts! I don't have any friends at a dealer so I was hoping to get from gmpartsdirect. But too scared to get form them because of the problems that chusteveb is having. I contacted them weeks ago and asked them to verify what that part number was and never heard from them. It seems like their customer service is bad so good luck returning that wrong part they sent you chusteveb. Let us know how you make out.

Well I can confirm the part number from my parts dept. from my local dealership too. Not sure what happened to my original order from gmpartsdirect but obviously they messed up. Haven't had the chance to further pursue them on this issue and probably won't since my uncle is wanting to purchase the non heated wheel off me.

Here's a pic of the right wheel

post-115084-134557029656_thumb.jpg