How-To: Heated Steering Wheel Install GMT900 Sierra.

Trav_13

Hello

Has anyone finished this mod on a 2013 1500 sierra and have a clock spring part number that will not need to be modified? I don't want to pay $150 for a part to cut up. I have purchased a new heated wheel to change to but I have not been able to find a clock spring that will work on a 2013 apparently they changed after 2013 and are not the same on a 2500 something to do with dual acting on the 1500 . anyone have information. Can the current spring be modified to work where does the green heated wire connect at the spring? does it go to the same connecter as the steering wheel switches?

Thanks

Hello

Has anyone finished this mod on a 2013 1500 sierra and have a clock spring part number that will not need to be modified? I don't want to pay $150 for a part to cut up. I have purchased a new heated wheel to change to but I have not been able to find a clock spring that will work on a 2013 apparently they changed after 2013 and are not the same on a 2500 something to do with dual acting on the 1500 . anyone have information. Can the current spring be modified to work where does the green heated wire connect at the spring? does it go to the same connecter as the steering wheel switches?

Thanks

The part number for a 2013 1500 Denali clockspring with cruise and heated steering wheel is 22911594.

The list is $249.50. Wholesale is $187. Here is one for $177 shipped

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GMCCHEVROLETCADILLAC-22911594-GENUINE-OEM-CLOCKSPRING-/261514311799?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3ce377b877&vxp=mtr#ht_1366wt_1206

Awesome write-up!

I still want a heated wheel that doesn't have the woodgrain though :(

+1 Me too! :D

I would like to do this to my truck as well. Where can I get the heated wheel? Can I get it from the dealership? Will they install it?

I like the wood grain.

Count me amoung those who like the woodgrain look. I think it would look good with my LTZ woodgrain dash. I am just not sure if it would like the feel of it?

Now my question, Is there more than one color of the spoke covers? Can they easily be changed? Or are you stuck with what comes on the steering wheel?

Count me amoung those who like the woodgrain look. I think it would look good with my LTZ woodgrain dash. I am just not sure if it would like the feel of it?

Now my question, Is there more than one color of the spoke covers? Can they easily be changed? Or are you stuck with what comes on the steering wheel?

Spoke covers are held on by four screws under the air bag.

I am still not sure how many colors there are.

Thanks Rick for the information. I just reconfirmed with the EBay stealership that the part was correct they said it was after much debate. I have ordered it we will see what comes up next in the install. I think from what I have read two wires from the bottom of the column wiring harness to switched + and - will get it done.

for you guys that want the heated wheel without wood leather only 2007-2013 that part number is 22947769 in dark cashmere with brushed metal inserts. I purchased new one on EBay looks correct.

Anyone know what happened to WWW.SSconnectors.com ? i'm looking for the wiring harness

Same here, where can I get this connector? Anyone have a Delphi part number for it?

62a8a338-5735-88a6.jpg

Please verify part numbers before posting and before ordering. Let me be the example of what can happen if you order without checking.

Purchased from gmpartsdirect.com: Part No. 20998064, thinking it would be an ebony and titanium non-wood steering wheel from a Chevy Suburban. Received a non-heated wheel as shown.

I still need to verify if there was a mistake made and where. But ultimately I will take the responsibility of not double checking the part number before I ordered. Assuming the correct information regarding part numbers that were posted is my mistake so please learn from me. I will proceed to request for an exchange or return since gmpartsdirect.com states no returns on special orders.

I have yet to find a good GM part number for an ebony non-wood heated steering wheel although I do believe it is out there.

On a more positive note, I did receive the correct coil clock spring for the heated wheel which was part number: 25966964.

62a8a338-5f21-dba9.jpg

Same for the pigtail connector to hard wire to the vehicle purchased from ssconnectors.com part number: 60296271(ssconnectors part number).

62a8a338-5f96-50d6.jpg

I am looking for this pigtail or one that will work (does not have to be green)

Here are some updated part numbers for the heated steering wheel W/O the woodgrain

20998064 now 22947767 Ebony (black)

20998065 now 22947768 Titanium (gray)

20998066 now 22947769 Dk Cashmere (brown)

Use these part numbers at your own risk, verify before ordering

Edited by Zebrafive

Thanks Rick for the information. I just reconfirmed with the EBay stealership that the part was correct they said it was after much debate. I have ordered it we will see what comes up next in the install. I think from what I have read two wires from the bottom of the column wiring harness to switched + and - will get it done.

for you guys that want the heated wheel without wood leather only 2007-2013 that part number is 22947769 in dark cashmere with brushed metal inserts. I purchased new one on EBay looks correct.

Ebay seller name or link please

Sorry about the link, I think I purchased the only one! Just lucky $169 new too! I think I got a deal, believe I can sell my old one with radio switches and recover my cost.it hurt my feelings to have to dish out $177 for the clock spring though, D'OH! :banghead:

Same here, where can I get this connector? Anyone have a Delphi part number for it?

Did you find the connector? seems that SSconnectors has closed the site. I'm thinking frys or radio shack get a male and female plug set cut the ends and make my own, I think you will run into the same sort of issue at the power distribution block seems from what I read GM will not sell the individual little pins to populate the plug that you should use. I am contemplating making up a relay to use to power mine as I already have taped the 10 amp pin for a aftermarket back up camera and don't want any issues. What do you guys think?

Sorry about the link, I think I purchased the only one! Just lucky $169 new too! I think I got a deal, believe I can sell my old one with radio switches and recover my cost.it hurt my feelings to have to dish out $177 for the clock spring though, D'OH! :banghead:

You really got a buy!

At first I was thinking they only had the woodgrain/ebony leather combo or just ebony leather.

I am not sure if I would like the feel of the woodgrain, but it would look good with my LTZ dash woodgrain. I just did not like the look of it with ebony leather. I think it looks much better with dark cashmere leather. Until you posted, I did not know it came with all cashmere leather.

I think all cashmere leather would be my first choice.

Did you find the connector? seems that SSconnectors has closed the site. I'm thinking frys or radio shack get a male and female plug set cut the ends and make my own, I think you will run into the same sort of issue at the power distribution block seems from what I read GM will not sell the individual little pins to populate the plug that you should use. I am contemplating making up a relay to use to power mine as I already have taped the 10 amp pin for a aftermarket back up camera and don't want any issues. What do you guys think?

I am waiting for my clock spring to be delivered. I want to see the connectors "in person". I think I have IDed the connector.

When I did my backup camera (from camera source), I popped the terminal for the reverse relay signal and soldered the camera wire to the crimped part of the terminal, since they supplied such a fine ga wire.

I see no problem doubling up on the 10A connector.

I finished the install today, trouble free, thanks to Travis's #1 post.

I did not care for the look of the woodgrain/ebony wheel even tho I have an ebony interior.

I found a woodgrain/cashmere wheel (part number 22947811)on ebay and liked it's look with woodgrain better than woodgrain/ebony. Had I known there was an all leather version in cashmere (part number 22947769),I would have held out for one. I did know there was an ebony all leather version, but did not find any on ebay. All I was finding were woodgrain/ebony. When I found the woodgrain/cashmere, I bought it.

SIR coil (part number 25966964) also came from ebay.

For the pigtail from the light green two wire connector (column side of the SIR coil) I found a black connector in the junkyard. The only difference was the slot for the rib opposite the lock on the SIR coil's connector was in a different place (bottom corner). I could either remove the rib from the Sir coil's light green connector or cut a new slot in the black junkyard connector. Since I may at a later date get the correct light green connector, I cut a slot in the black junkyard connector. The connector cost $1 and time spent finding it and cutting it out.

The only tips I can add, in addition to what's already posted are:

1) There are connector locks on the airbag connectors. The locks need to be released and pulled up about 1/16", then there are two serrated release tabs you have to squeeze on the connector to allow it to disconnect.

2) Tilt the wheel all the way down before pulling the tilt handle and the two piece column trim covers.

3) Do all the under the dash wiring before you reinstall the steering wheel, makes for lots more room.

4) Install the steering column trim before you install the lower dash trim.

Another post mentioned the backlight color of the buttons were white and did not match the rest of the truck's buttons. My buttons DO match the the other buttons in my truck, a bluish color. Maybe that's why the part numbers changed?

When you get your wheel installed let me know what color the buttons light up.

You must have a 2013 and do not have the white and pink air bag connectors. I am not sure what changed, you may have a different air bag.

• 4 weeks later...

Please verify part numbers before posting and before ordering. Let me be the example of what can happen if you order without checking.

62a8a338-5f21-dba9.jpg

Same for the pigtail connector to hard wire to the vehicle purchased from ssconnectors.com part number: 60296271(ssconnectors part number).

62a8a338-5f96-50d6.jpg

Hello all,

I have a 2007 Escalade with factory heated wheel. The heat part has went out and I'm trying to diagnose. Several caddy threads I have read make mention of an inline fuse from the SIR coil that supplies power to the heated wheel. Can someone describe or, better yet, provide a picture of the inline fuse; is it user replaceable? I would like to try to trace the wire from the kick panel to the coil without having to remove my wheel.

Thank you

Hello all,

I have a 2007 Escalade with factory heated wheel. The heat part has went out and I'm trying to diagnose. Several caddy threads I have read make mention of an inline fuse from the SIR coil that supplies power to the heated wheel. Can someone describe or, better yet, provide a picture of the inline fuse; is it user replaceable? I would like to try to trace the wire from the kick panel to the coil without having to remove my wheel.

Thank you

No need to pull your steering wheel. In the pictures you posted look for the light green connector with two wires; one brown and one black. The brown one is the one you want. The fuse is about 4" from the male light green connector. Check the top picture, it's the black box taped to the wires from the light green connector. Your light green connector will be taped to the harness that goes up the column. Your fuse may look different than what's pictured since you have an older truck.