What Brakes Do I Have

I'm looking online for brake pads and I'm not sure what I need. I dont have the JF3 or JF7 RPO codes so does this mean I need the Heavy Duty pads? Its a 07 Vmax 6.0 with 3.73 gears.

If you post me the last 8 digits of your VIN I can look up the OE GM part number.

I have JD9 brakes (disc/disc) on my '07 VMAX/3.73's,they would not be considered heavy duty pads though.

Dont all of the VMax's have the disc/disc setup??

Apparently no. I believe that for the 07 up, you must have the max trailering package or some other package to get four wheel disc brakes. I know that some on this forum have V Max trucks with drum rear brakes.

Rich will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that stabilitrac makes the difference whether or not you have disks or drums. I have stabilitrac and have discs all 'round. At least that's the way I understand it on the Vmax trucks.

Rich will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that stabilitrac makes the difference whether or not you have disks or drums. I have stabilitrac and have discs all 'round. At least that's the way I understand it on the Vmax trucks.

Exactly :P

Exactly :P

Exactly +2 :P

On the 6-liter trucks you must have StabiliTrak in order to have the rear-disc brakes.

Kinda - I have stabilitrack and drums in the rear - although I don't have the VMax just the vnormal I guess.

4.8/5.3 GMT900 1/2-tons all have rear drums,even with StabiliTrak.

I'm looking online for brake pads and I'm not sure what I need. I dont have the JF3 or JF7 RPO codes so does this mean I need the Heavy Duty pads? Its a 07 Vmax 6.0 with 3.73 gears.

If you post me the last 8 digits of your VIN I can look up the OE GM part number.

I have JD9 brakes (disc/disc) on my '07 VMAX/3.73's,they would not be considered heavy duty pads though.

Heres that last 8 71552498

I have the JD9 RPO and have disc/disc. I guess my confusion is the auto parts store gave me only two options, the JF3, JF7 RPO which I dont have or the HD brake pads. Which do I need?

Kinda - I have stabilitrack and drums in the rear - although I don't have the VMax just the vnormal I guess.

4.8/5.3 GMT900 1/2-tons all have rear drums,even with StabiliTrak.

I like the dums better anyhow. Atleast around here because of the winter time. :lol:

Heres that last 8 71552498

I have the JD9 RPO and have disc/disc. I guess my confusion is the auto parts store gave me only two options, the JF3, JF7 RPO which I dont have or the HD brake pads. Which do I need?

Well,I still say you wouldn't need the HD pads,but I can tell you this...

1/2-ton trucks "without" StabiliTrak use GM part#25910431/AC-Delco part#171-0974

1/2-ton trucks "with" StabiliTrak use GM part#25918341/AC-Delco part#171-0975

Also,the GM part number for the rear-disc brake pads is 15945636/AC-Delco part#171-0982

See if they can cross those GM part numbers over to their part numbers.

BTW...You do have StabiliTrak (RPO "JL4")

• 3 months later...

Guys,

I used the one without" StabiliTrak - GM part#25910431/AC-Delco part#171-0974

instead of the one "with" StabiliTrak- GM part#25918341/AC-Delco part#171-0975.

The fit was exactly like the old (stock part#25918341)!

Price is the same.

Any problem?

Archived