Door Panel Removal - 2003 Silverado 1500

Greetings from South Louisiana!! Just found your forum and did not find my specific topic on a quick search. I need to replace the front speakers on my 2003 1500 Silverado LS. Can anyone direct me to the procedure for removing the front door panel? I'm also considering replacing the rear speakers and if so, I would like some insight for removing the rear door panel (extended cab).

I love my truck. 93K miles with no mechanical problems. Like all of my vehicles/toys, I maintain it to the tee - mostly myself. I hope to get at least 200K out of this truck.

Thanks again.

quick warning: on the 03+ don't just try to pull the switch panel off! There is a screw securing it from below. This makes it a PITA to remove the wiring harnesses (you have to reach behind the panel and the door), but if you try to pull the switch panel off without removing the screw you can tear the panel.

I wanted to say thanks again for helping me with this job. Yesterday morning, I changed the speakers in much less than 1 hour. Without your help, it would have been a 1/2 day and I probably would have destroyed my truck.

What did we do before the internet?

Archived