My 2010 Silverado With 4.8 Is A Dog

I have the 5.3L with the 4 speed and the 3.73 rear end and I have tried at least 3 different times to peal rubber from a dead stop and nothing.

I slap that throttle to the floor and it just takes off.......amazing how it doesn't spin the tires.

The 5.3L has 315 hp and maybe it is the locking rear end that keeps it from spinning?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the 5.3L with the 4 speed and the 3.73 rear end and I have tried at least 3 different times to peal rubber from a dead stop and nothing.

I slap that throttle to the floor and it just takes off.......amazing how it doesn't spin the tires.

The 5.3L has 315 hp and maybe it is the locking rear end that keeps it from spinning?

Its called torque management, the stability and traction control won't allow you to brake those tires loose. These NBS aren't like the good old '99's 5.3l in which when you stomp on the gas the cable driven throttle body open up wide open right away and a smoke show begins. These newer trucks are designed so the driver can't shock the drive train system.

Archived