Music On Phone And Bluetooth

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Anybody know if music can be played off of a cell phone using the USB? My new 2011 Sierra has a factory USB port but I can't get the radio to recognize it.

Yes it can. I have my IPhone hooked up through mine and listen to my music all the time. A whole lot cheaper than the XM radio! Also, if you have the controls on the sterring wheel, you can also control the IPhone through the steering wheel (i.e. changing songs, etc).

post-93346-1304379233_thumb.jpg

Anybody know if music can be played off of a cell phone using the USB? My new 2011 Sierra has a factory USB port but I can't get the radio to recognize it.

Yes it can. I have my IPhone hooked up through mine and listen to my music all the time. A whole lot cheaper than the XM radio! Also, if you have the controls on the sterring wheel, you can also control the IPhone through the steering wheel (i.e. changing songs, etc).

Yep, I can do it too and I have a Droid Ally :shakehead:

• 1 month later...

Yep, I can do it too and I have a Droid Ally :uhoh:

Did you have to do anything to you phone I have the thunderbolt and my 2011 will not recognize my device. Any and all help will he appreciated

• 6 months later...

I know this is an old post, but I was having issues with my iPhone 4 every time I updated iOS.. the truck would not recognize the phone in USB mode anymore. The solution is to unplug the cable, turn off your phone and turn off the stereo in the truck. With stereo and phone off, hook the cable up to the phone, then plug it into the USB port in the truck. The phone will power on and the radio will power on. After several seconds, the radio will alert 'USB Device Connected' and you are good to go! Hope this helps someone.

Guess I should mention this is a 2010 Sierra 3500.

Yep, I can do it too and I have a Droid Ally :thumbs:

Did you have to do anything to you phone I have the thunderbolt and my 2011 will not recognize my device. Any and all help will he appreciated

I have the same phone and it doesn't work either. My iPhone worked perfectly but this Android (Thunderbolt) and a friend's droid (Samsung Galaxy S2) do not work at all.

I've done google searches and it does not appear that it is possible with certain Android phones :/

• 3 weeks later...

Archived