I recently got my CCW and have a handgun in the truck when it is not on me. Those of you who have handguns where and how do you store them in your truck for easy access in the event that you need it. The console is not convenient while driving. I normally have it on the side of the seat in between the console, but if I were ever to have to get it out I would have to pull it out from between the seat then pull the holster off. I am not a fan of having the gun out of the holster and just placing it between the seat. I have tried velcro, double sided 3m tape and all will not hold. If you have some pics of how you keep them or some ideas for me it would be great.

If you are a NRA member, go to the NRA's Store Online. They have 2 holsters, one that straps to the seat and one that mounts under the steering column. I mounted mine in the center console, easy to do, just remove the console lining and bolt a spare holster in. I used the one that came with the weapon as I use a Blackhawk Serpa model when I carry. You may want to mount spare clip carriers as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I keep mine in a soft holster that I place under my left thigh while driving. The grip is right between my legs and allows for instant access. When I'm ready to get out it goes in my waistband. I don't really see the need for any type of mounted holster.

• 4 months later...

I've got a Soft Armor holster for my .357 and it slides down and sits perfectly right by the seat belt clasp to my right. Always readily available, and if I'm ever car-jacked, it will just look as though I'm taking off my seatbelt to "comply". It doesn't move around any. Works perfect for my '05 HD, have yet to try it in the '12 1500. May have to do something else for that one.

*Edit for clarification* It sits between the seat and center console, so obviously would not work with bench seats.

• 3 weeks later...

As an above holster stated....check out the NRA store...

http://www.nrastore.com/nrastore/ProductDetail.aspx?c=2817&p=SA+22685&ct=e

However, 1 thing to think about keeping your pistol in the console, right hand side of the truck, which ever you would like to call it....

If/when you have to draw, the gun barrel will go over your legs.....Just something to thinnk about....

Thats why I always attempt to shoot with my left hand at the range...just to get used to it....

Archived