5.3 Swap For 6.2

ok,why?

I was a GM tech,other forums say it can be done,

what do you know,that im not seeing?,

im told if I use the electronic throttle,the wiring from the pedal to the TAC,the TAC module[mounted where the cruise module is] and add the wires to the ECM plug it will work,[ECM must be ''blue and red conectors'']

educate me,I want to know

2002 trucks also had drive-by-wire and or drive-by-cable

http://www.lsenginediy.com/gm-gen-iii-ls-pcmecm-electronic-throttle-equipment-guide/

Not everything is just swapping wires and backwards compatibility. An LS2 dbw can be swapped to an older os... but the trucks always come up as nothing. I know it mentions full swap capability from 03 to 07 but I have run into issues with the 06 and 07 pcm not working properly with the 03 to 05 tac.

A chunk of cable solves all this lol.

And no normal gen 3 engine had a 90 mm throttle body so what do you actually have? I know the SSR LS2 had a gen 3 truck looking intake with an 87 mm throttle body but i have no idea what throttle body, tac and pcm that is. The gen iv 6 liters have 87 mm.. and of course certain car engines have 90 mm or larger..... LQ4 and LQ9 engines use the same 78 mm throttle body whether cable or dbw as any 4.8 or 5.3.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Edited by 1994Vmax

I thought a 6.0 had a 90mm ,,,ive got a 2006 6.0 out of a 2500hd truck,ive got 3 different 2002,2004,2006 ecms,so my eng is a gen3 ? right

im a duramax guy,I just got this Tahoe for a winter beater

As a gen 3 the truck engines never did. Yes you have a gen 3 and it's an LQ4 if it's from an HD. Go measure the throttle body if you don't believe us lol.

Sent from my PURE XL using Tapatalk

Nope. Gen 3 had 75 mm on the trucks and 78 on the cars. The manifold and throttle body upgrade is very expensive and offers very little gain. If you arent using forced induction, you wont notice much

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 10/10/2011 at 4:10 PM, Stevens03 said:

The 03-up are drive by wire.. so it's not a direct swap but dang close :jester:

just use your drive by cable intake and throttle body, to do a 6.0 swap all you need is the long block and re-use your own flexplate