Excessive Rattles Inside Cab

It seems like just about everything rattles inside the cab over any type of bumps. Has anyone found the cure to these, or know if the dealership will fix or just say its normal:

Seatbelt mount/pulleys rattle

Plastic dash pieces around A-frame rattle/click almost continuously sometimes

Interior door panels seem loose, area near manual lock has a lot of play. My '04 Explorers door panels are rock solid

Misc. other rattling

I have a 2011 1500 LT Ext. Cab.

From day one mine did the same thing. I have put a thin strip of foam under the bolt access covers on both rear doors (below the handles). I keep the rear seat belts buckled up even when no one is using them. The triangular pieces on both front doors by the mirrors also rattled bad with the radio on. I removed both of those and glued the foam backing onto the trim itself. My door locks rattle as well, but I will be leaving them until I replace the speakers in the truck.

Hope this helps

Cheers, Brendan

I have a 2010 ext cab and the only thing that really rattles are the winshield moldings because of the WeatherTech bug deflertor. That will be fixed soon with some weather stripping. My center consol/arm rest shakes a bit but nothing really rattles. Maybe I am just used to it and don't even hear it anymore?

I honestly believe that so many creeks and rattles come from the fact that instead of screw things on, that so many panels are put on with clips and when they get loose there is no way to tighten them up. I think quality overall has improved but they way things are made has unimproved. If that makes sense.

Mine has an irritating rattle/creak that I finally took the time to find. I had the headliner dropped under warranty for an unrelated issue.

Turns out that where the headliner meets the plastic side trim piece on the passenger side of the extended cab, in the rear is real loose. This would be the left rear-most upper corner of the cab whilst sitting in the driving position.

Haven't had time to get back there and see if I can shore it up myself, or whether a new round clip would help, or whether I just need to stuff some absorbant material up in there.

It is irritating, I'll give you that...

Mine has been mostly rattle free since day one. I say "mostly", since the kids sometimes leaves a shoulder buckle hanging a little (rather than retracted). Maybe I've been lucky, but didn't know it, or maybe I listen to the radio too much?

Mine so far (18 months old crew cab) has no rattles except when the back seat is not fully up or down on the passenger side. It rattles when in an intermediate state but at no other time.

• 2 months later...

I have a rattle behind the lower dash panel (the panel with the towing controls) in my '08 Silverado. if I press in on the panel the rattle stops. I am about to just dismantle and see if I can find the what is making the rattle but I can't figure out how to get the panel off. anyone know?

Archived