07 Yukon code p0449 and also no remote start

I'm having a couple of issues and I have a couple of questions. Please help if you can. Thanks.

Vehicle is a 2007 GMC Yukon SLT

First off, Im getting CEL with code p0449. I have found that this appears to be a very common GM problem and that I likely need to replace a EVAP Selenoid. I have also read that there is an updated version of this or maybe even a kit. I'm looking for the part number of this kit so that I can go and order the part and dont have to worry if they are getting me what I need or not.

Also, the remote start will not work. I have read that if you have a CEL it will keep this from working. Is this correct?

Thanks for any help.

I'm having a couple of issues and I have a couple of questions. Please help if you can. Thanks.

Vehicle is a 2007 GMC Yukon SLT

First off, Im getting CEL with code p0449. I have found that this appears to be a very common GM problem and that I likely need to replace a EVAP Selenoid. I have also read that there is an updated version of this or maybe even a kit. I'm looking for the part number of this kit so that I can go and order the part and dont have to worry if they are getting me what I need or not.

Also, the remote start will not work. I have read that if you have a CEL it will keep this from working. Is this correct?

Thanks for any help.

Correct

You should be able to look up the part you need at rockauto.com

Common issue and I am having the same issue!

Read this post. It has the paRT numbers you need.

It also mentions the original style factory installation and the factorys "updated" relocation procedure

along with the part numbers (pickupsonly?).

Since you have a SUV no relocation is necessary I guess?????

Its only a $30 part and you should be able to do it yourself.

Give it a read:

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=75210&hl=evap+solenoid

• 1 month later...

Would this keep the truck from starting all together? My father in laws had the light come on for the p0449 2 weeks ago and now the truck wont start at all. Battery fine, wires fine, fuses look good and swapped starter relay and fuse with others in the fuse box. Turn the key relay clicks in fuse block under hood but no joy, no starter click nothing. Tapped on teh starter to see if it was bad (only 40k on teh truck, 2007 Yukon 5.3 auto). Tried to roll the truck back, jump it from my truck and the ump box just to see if it needed more juice. Radio and all lights come on in teh truck. ONSTAR couldnt run diagnostic because truck wasnt running.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Would this keep the truck from starting all together? My father in laws had the light come on for the p0449 2 weeks ago and now the truck wont start at all. Battery fine, wires fine, fuses look good and swapped starter relay and fuse with others in the fuse box. Turn the key relay clicks in fuse block under hood but no joy, no starter click nothing. Tapped on teh starter to see if it was bad (only 40k on teh truck, 2007 Yukon 5.3 auto). Tried to roll the truck back, jump it from my truck and the ump box just to see if it needed more juice. Radio and all lights come on in teh truck. ONSTAR couldnt run diagnostic because truck wasnt running.

Any ideas?

Thanks

This sounds like either a bad battery, bad starter or bad wires from the battery to the starter. Not related to the P0449 code.

Archived