iGo Primo has been released!

Just got some new OGM-1's last night and opened to box to see that Advent is now shipping iGo Primo from the factory! We didn't think this would happen for a month or so, so it's a very pleasant surprise.

Now we can get to work making this unit really rock! When you combine iGo Primo with the new firmware due soon, there will be nothing in the world that can touch this thing in a GM truck!

If any of the "beta testers" want to chime in with their impressions of the new system, please do - I'm learning it along with everyone else...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

iGo-Primo=AWESOME UPRADE!

I have been runnng it for a week now and love love love it.Not sure what queshtions you guys have so ill let you ask them..

My current observations of the system are great the 3D mapping is cool as all get out. so cool I havent even messed with 2d and I feel bad for people who dont have any hills or mountains around them. 3D does create some issues. Example if your driving up hill it will not show you the street just beyond the crest of the hill. If thats your turn it will be a quick one.

The other thing I have found is it stores all the maps in a zip folder so it takes a few seconds to load. not a big deal once you know this. just dont hit the nav or destination buttons till it is loaded. I did this a few times and once I had to power down the unit and restart it. now I wait a second to hit the buttons and all is good.

Not sure what every one wants to know so I`ll let you ask.

Oh and before I forget. WALT IS THE MAN! If you dont belive me ask him to post a link to what he does when he is not working for all of us. (hint hint Walt)

I've used iGo for a week and I'm happy with it. I've summarized my thoughts below:

Things I like:

Ability to view the compete route on the map before starting the trip

Ability to set waypoints on a route

Ability to estimate trip costs based on fuel price and mpg

Ability to set fuel costs and city/highway mpg for a specific vehicle

Good choice of routes

Good maps

Good at finding places (landmarks, parks, fuel)

Very friendly method of selecting city, street, house number

ZIP code entry to ensure you have the right city (some states may show multiple

place names that can be confusing)

Does not hang the radio

It will get you there

Things I don't like:

A little slow to start (even after the radio has been on for some time)

Does not show vehicle speed or time of day on the map when a route is selected.

The route must be cancled in order to show speed on the map screen.

This is a huge improvement over the Horizon NAV and competes well with any other system I've used.

iGO is awesome! I have used it on my iphone for sometime now. I recommend anyone using it go to the http://www.igomyway.com/support and download the user manual for the iphone application it pretty much covers the application.

Wtbrowne, all you have to do is long press the arrival time tab and it will give you the option to change it. This works with all three tabs on the right bottom of the map. This application has a ton of customization options.

Sweet! So when I order one in a couple of weeks it will come with it?

Yep!

Do you take payments???!!!!

Yep - it's called VISA! :)

i'll be installing it the 1st of February :fart:

Walt, when will the new firmware be out???????

I heard that Pandora is still in charge of it, so when their testing/validation is done - now maybe 2nd week of Feb?

How much is it to download it guys?

PM me and I'll fill you in on procedure.

HOWEVER, I'm leaving on a plane in about 2 1/2 hours to Vegas for the weekend (doing onboard video for the HDRA race this weekend in Primm, NV), so I may not be able to get back to you right away...

i'll be installing it the 1st of February :fart:

Walt, when will the new firmware be out???????

I heard that Pandora is still in charge of it, so when their testing/validation is done - now maybe 2nd week of Feb?

How much is it to download it guys?

PM me and I'll fill you in on procedure.

as long as you guys approve iGo works on the 10/28/2011 firmware, i'll still be buying iGo on the 1st. i was holding out until the firmware release, but would like to use the new nav before i take a road trip to go skiing on the 16th! so i'll just sit here... patiently wait.... and twiddle my thumbs! :D

Archived