iGo Primo has been released!

Reguarding Walts post about the settings adjustments, there is a file called sys.txt in the root of the igo directory that controls most of the programs advanced settings. I have been using igo in various versions for years and it is very easy to edit if you want to tweak BUT: BACK IT UP!!!!!! it is very easy to change, mess up the iGO configuation so it will not run properly (or at all). If you forget what you did then you are going spend a LOOONNNGGG time trying to get it working again (i know this from personal experience). But if you back it up, all you have to do is restore it and you are back to where you started.

Lots of info on the internet about how to change it. Here is a good start:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=502763

Ernie

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have found a work around for the default to night mode. In map settings, go to the nighttime map color screen and change that to a daytime color(i use the topo map). Now when the unit restarts it will have a day screen as the default screen. I used the day screen last night and dimmed it to it's lowest setting(via the * hard button) and it was fine. I prefer to use this screen all the time.

If you want POIs on the map screen, you probably have to go into the options and turn them on. By default, I believe only gas stations are set to show but you should be able to turn on anything of the others and adjust the zoom factor so they show up only when you are at certain scales.

I havent actually tried it on the ogm1 but on other versions of iGO I have used have always had it.

Ernie

Oh, and about editing the SYS.TXT file, here is a free utility that someone created that will actually configure it for you.

http://www.igo8navigation.com/sysconfigurator-12-t1143.0.html

You have to register on that site to see links but a quick Google search found it here:

http://uploading.com/files/564e6eab/SysConfigurator_1.2.1.exe.html

Just go to the second drop down and set it for English as the language.

Ernie

If you want POIs on the map screen, you probably have to go into the options and turn them on. By default, I believe only gas stations are set to show but you should be able to turn on anything of the others and adjust the zoom factor so they show up only when you are at certain scales. I havent actually tried it on the ogm1 but on other versions of iGO I have used have always had it. Ernie
I turned them on in options they come up as blue generic popups. I meant I want the actual logo to show up. The hardees and bp gas are the only real icons I can see. The rest are generic.

@ A-Ron: You can do either. You can open an existing or start from scratch. Copy over the one from you SD card and open it and it should show you all the settings althought there are only two setting for the OGM right now: Device name and SD card name. If you open that sys.txt you will find the device checked off with the name in the Starting button. I dont see a setting in the the program for the SD card name setting but when you resave the file it is still there.

@turbo06: I see what you mean now. I think that is what the basic icon set is. You have to manually load the custom icons and set them. dimka has some info on his site somewhere but it will require alot of reading and tweaking:

http://www.igo8mods.com/dimka_download_Primo_1_2.htm

Ernie

Question for iGO Primo Users: At initial start up, what screen mode (day or night) is your map at? Mine is always in Nighttime mode no matter what time of day. The program is supposed to go by the time of day as provided by the GPS signal and adjust the color mode accordingly, yet no matter what setting I choose prior to shutting the unit down, it always starts back up in nighttime mode(very annoying)! Also has anyone checked the GPS status screen? 90% of the time mine shows no satellites, yet shows accuracy high :dunno: This may account for the altitude indicator not working correctly as well. My GPS antenna is placed in the dash where the factory antenna would be.

I have used iGO Primo on my Phone and never seen these issues.

Mine is the same. I was just messing with it. Always reverts to night. I can go to settings and hit day colors and it goes to day until I turn it off.

Same here regarding the Navi starting in night mode during the day.

For the night mode problem, what if you put this in you sys.txt file:

[map]auto_nightmode=0

Or you could try (or both):

[screen]nightmode=0

Strange that it does it on its own. You light sensor isnt covered up by anything is it?

Ernie

For the night mode problem, what if you put this in you sys.txt file:

[map]auto_nightmode=0

Or you could try (or both):

[screen]nightmode=0

Strange that it does it on its own. You light sensor isnt covered up by anything is it?

Ernie

I tried putting everything to do with nightmode a 0.

Still goes back to nightmode. My sensor is not covered.

Here is mine.

[config]

last_saved_system_time="2012.01.29.|06:36:12.000"

[gps]

gpstime="1327817818"

[http]

enabled="0"

[interface]

default_anim_off="1"

theme="skin_night"

[keyboard]

panel_alpha="Default"