Wax residue on plastic

Last time I washed and waxed the truck I had some stuff come up, and with the truck being half waxed up I kinda rushed the rest. Anyway I got alittle bit of wax on the black plastic grille and around the door handles. I've tried a few things to get it off. Mothers back to black used to work with the trim on my ram, but isnt cutting it on the GMC. Tried scrubbing it out and nothing. So I gotta know if anyone else has dealt with this, and what did you do to get rid of it?

spray some simple green on the area you need to clean, scrub with a tooth brush, rinse and viola! The simple green will work better than those "wax remover" products. I recommend you do this just before you wash the truck. Good luck

I agree with Adam, except I use Adam's APC mixed 1:1 with water instead of Simple Green. The combination of the cleaner, and brush make easy work of old wax residue...

I agree with Adam, except I use Adam's APC mixed 1:1 with water instead of Simple Green. The combination of the cleaner, and brush make easy work of old wax residue...

Bingo... and if the plastic isn't really heavily textured just a microfiber towel will do. Jump to about the 1:55 mark.

Back to Black works good at covering it up, but not cleaning the residue off. The methods mentioned above are good at removing the wax residue, not just masking it until the next time you wash.

what I've done to get that off is get some Duragloss or some good tire shine, spray it on a cloth of some sort and then apply that to the black plastic that has that on it, should come out looking like new, works for me every time.

Archived